Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mil eliminators work for 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

as far as i know obd2 made the sniffer test obsolete. but yes there is a chance if your car is way too loud or exhaust smells to much that they will inspect. but the guys that work at the shop i take my car to dont really give a damn. they are usually excited about getting to drive it to test the brakes and hear it start up.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

You used 3 of the defoulers? I hope you're not using one on one of the front sensors (with the green connectors)!!!

Yeah, the 'nonfouler' is one solution that seems to work. I use a different solution, however.

And for the record, in Texas we can have 1 system 'not ready' in 2005 and newer, 2 in 2004 and older (more or less, it may be 2003/2004). You can get your car 'ready enough' after 1 full drive cycle and during the 2nd cycle; I do it every year.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:00 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
You used 3 of the defoulers? I hope you're not using one on one of the front sensors (with the green connectors)!!!

Yeah, the 'nonfouler' is one solution that seems to work. I use a different solution, however.

And for the record, in Texas we can have 1 system 'not ready' in 2005 and newer, 2 in 2004 and older (more or less, it may be 2003/2004). You can get your car 'ready enough' after 1 full drive cycle and during the 2nd cycle; I do it every year.
typically the defowler trick is 2 defowlers. drill one out. insert o2 in it. then screw into the other defowler. that still threw the code. so i added a third defowler. and code never came back.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:13 PM
E_LOW
1st Gear Member

So I just kinda skimmed this, but am I reading this right? MIL eliminators for the 99-04WILL work on the 05-09!?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:27 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by R1nStang
thanks fellas. got it all sorted this weekend. climbed under the car and took all the clamps off the h pipe. the passenger side had a half in gap between h pipe and the cat. guess when i had the ubolt bolts pointing downwards and it hit a speed bump it pulled it apart. pushed it all back together tightened everything down and been about 200 miles with no CEL poping back up.
So yup the defowler trick works. no need for the mils. I did use a total of 3 defowlers on each side though.
and yes cars will pass in texas with the defowler trick. we do not use a sniffer unless its pre-95 i think...so as long as the tech doesnt LOOK for a cat...then its not missing.
They may have worked to keep the CEL off but what did you do about the COT feature that needs to be addressed on all 2011+ cars? I'm guessing nothing which is not the way to about it. You better address it sooner than later with a tune.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by E_LOW
So I just kinda skimmed this, but am I reading this right? MIL eliminators for the 99-04WILL work on the 05-09!?
yes they will.

Originally Posted by scottmach
They may have worked to keep the CEL off but what did you do about the COT feature that needs to be addressed on all 2011+ cars? I'm guessing nothing which is not the way to about it. You better address it sooner than later with a tune.
sorry whats COT? I have a BAMA tune on the car. so the car isnt running rich or lean. I just dont want to use the Tune to disable the rear O2 because it wont pass emissions that way, it will throw that the system is disabled.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by R1nStang
sorry whats COT? I have a BAMA tune on the car. so the car isnt running rich or lean. I just dont want to use the Tune to disable the rear O2 because it wont pass emissions that way, it will throw that the system is disabled.
Cat Over Temp. If you eliminate the cats you must also turn this off or your car will continue to dump fuel which are no longer present.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
Cat Over Temp. If you eliminate the cats you must also turn this off or your car will continue to dump fuel which are no longer present.
wouldnt that be included on tunes that have cats removed? I had BAMA make me a tune for no CATS but did not disable the rear O2 sensor
Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

damn light came back on saying bank 1 is too lean. that is passenger side correct? and lean would mean too much oxygen right? Maybe i need to remove a defowler to get more emissions to hit the o2 sensor. but its odd only 1 side is throwing that code. the other side is just fine
Old 03-31-2014, 03:33 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

There are tuners out there that can turn off the CEL and have all the readiness tests come up complete. You are going about this in the wrong way.

Quick Reply: Mil eliminators work for 2013?