Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Truck lid panel with fake fuel cap.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:35 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wesgel
Sorry for the bad luck so far man, but hopefully it will get all sorted out with these minor problems then the car will be good to go!

I recommend this deck http://www.americanmuscle.com/decklid-panel-1012.html its only 130$ and keeps the faux gas cap (some people don't like the faux cap but I love it)
Thanks for the information. However, I ordered the other style from CJponycars. It's the panel that has the ridges, like by the license plate, and it eliminates the fake fuel cap. The price was $128, and that's with tax, and free shipping. It arrives tomorrow, Tuesday, the 31st. I will give an update when I do the installation.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:26 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
So I bought my 2014 Mustang GT premium about a month ago, and I had an A/C problem within the first week of ownership. Hopefully, since it was returned back to the dealer for the warranty a/c work, it will continue working. Yesterday, while washing my car, I noticed the black panel between the tail lights was coming loose. Today, instead of going home for lunch, I went to my Ford dealership to show the service person the problem with the panel coming loose. The service person took pictures of the loose panel, and told me the only way to fix the panel was to replace it, but it would need to get approved first. I asked, "You mean they may not correct this problem?" The service person said, they may not. It is getting to the point where I am experiencing remorse for buying this car. This is the most expensive car I have ever purchased, and it has already had two issues.
Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
Well, they changed that piece between the tail lights. I got the car back, and the problem is still there, it's just not as large of a gap. The service person showed me 3 other 2014 Mustangs. Each one had the same defect, with one worse than mine was. It didn't make me feel any better though, since my car still has that defect. So, now I am going to order an after-market panel without the faux gas cap for about $200. Since FORD will not correct the problem, I will have to do it on my own.
Hello PeterInFlorida,

I’d like to get this documented for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

I have placed a picture in "My Garage" of the panel on my car.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I read your other thread on the replacment panel. Just saw this one - so I went out to my 13 and inspected the trim piece. I have zero gap that I can find. Where was yours? On the sides, bottom or both? I noticed the top part is nice and snug with what appears to be double sidded 3M type tape.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:12 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

While we all want perfection when we spend that much money it doesnt always work out that way. But if something is gonna go wrong.......let it be the decklid and the ac. Both easily fixable.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:17 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

dkpgtcs, the gap is just above the faux gas cap that has the "GT" on it. It's where it meets the body of the truck lid. It must just affect the 14 mustangs then, because everyone of the mustangs at my dealership had the same issue. Weird, huh? I brought it to FORD's attention via email to the manager at the dealer.