Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

3v GT, happy owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

good to see you stealth!

get your manual gt, throw some hot rods in for old time's sake and you are good to go!

still loving my old gt!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
I'm about to be a lot happier with my 3V. Just got word from my builder at the dyno shop that its done. Custom twin turbo, TB, intake manifold, heads, cams. The turbos are kind of tiny, causing some restriction and limiting boost, so I didn't quite get the HP I was looking for, but I challenge any positive displacement supercharger to make similar numbers on the same boost.

Mod on my car that I'm most happy with.....it's paid for. There are several cars on the market that might give me the same thrill as the Mustang, but they would all require financing, and I'm just not willing to do that right now.
Noice.. it's gonna be a monster with that twin turbo.

Originally Posted by hammeron
good to see you stealth!

get your manual gt, throw some hot rods in for old time's sake and you are good to go!

still loving my old gt!
Good to hear from you too man

Still waiting out for a deal on it
Old 04-11-2014, 10:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I love the sound of a cammed and perfectly tuned exhaust on the 3v's.. music to my ears!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:03 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

2008 GT 5 spd ..... love it.

I didn't buy it to have the fastest, I just love to drive and ride and personalize my cars and trucks .... and bikes .... to suit me.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Didn't buy the Bullitt today, but I did however test drive a 3.6 Challenger just to get a feel for the car. Great looking ride, but don't let the pictures fool you. It's not that big of a car.
I really expected to be blown away according to the stats on paper, but honestly, my Charger leaves much more of a lasting impression. The interior feels cramped and the windshield feels like it's right on top of my forehead.. and I am 5'4 lol. Two doors are cool but this car felt very small even for a smaller framed guy. I love the retro look overall, but expected more of something along the lines of a Cutlass 442.

On a positive note, it was very light and nimble on it's feet despite being a 3.6 liter and 3834lbs.. I was honestly expecting it to feel no different from my Charger. I couldn't have been more wrong. It felt nothing like it. The Charger is a tank, and I can appreciate that. The Challenger left a more ambivalent feeling. Perhaps a 3.92 rear end and Hemi might change my views, but possibly not enough to change my mind.

2015 models have a 6.4 (392 485hp/485trq.) option for their RT to that might be worth looking into, but at an extra $10k for the motor on top of the $30k base price, without the Brembo brakes, suspension upgrades or who can forget the fancy custom decals.. it may not be worth it.

I am still trying to talk them down to $18k for the Bullitt.. so far, he's pretty firm on the price, being a rare Mustang and all. I don't blame him

Last edited by stealth_GT; 04-15-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
jimkr
1st Gear Member

I've only had my 2010 GT premium since March. I upgraded from a very fun 2007 4.0l with CAI, bama tune, and dual exhaust, and standard trans. That car was fun to drive, but I just had to have a V8. I love the GT, I just wish it had a manual trans. But it's still fun to drive, and with a CAI, BBK headers and xpipe, and Bama tune, it's even MORE FUN! I get a lot of complements and looks when driving it. Do I wish I had a coyote motor? yes! Who doesn't want some *** kicking horsepower?! But it's still the best muscle car that I've had in years!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I love the 05-09 S197 I think it's the best of the "throwback" attempts at the older cars. I love my 3V it's a blast to mess around with, even when ya lose... and now that I've got a Whipple 2.3L on it... it's an entirely different car... I can't complain! Love it... I plan on dropping a 5.3L brenspeed B326 in her next year... and I will put money that those coyotes wont be able to keep up.... just sayin'
Old 07-10-2014, 03:19 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Love my '07 GT... it's a keeper !!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I love the sound of a cammed and perfectly tuned exhaust on the 3v's.. music to my ears!
What exhaust is on that thing??
Old 07-15-2014, 04:51 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I love my 05 GT, got it 5-6 years ago and still love it. I love it so much, that my father went out and got a 2012 boss. I thought about trading up to a 5.0 or 07-09 GT500, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I bought a supercharger instead! Should be interesting in a 5 speed with 4.10s and the torque of the roots supercharger, might need to invest in some good drag radials lol.

Quick Reply: 3v GT, happy owners?