Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger over everything else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Default Procharger over everything else?

So I've got a (good) dilemma here. I came across a local Stage II Procharger with 1000 miles on it from a rear-end totaled GT. It's at a great price for the whole kit and some upgrades as well. The decision I have is to go with:

1) Procharger/Tune and no other mods for the foreseeable future.

2) Current plan of Coilover/UCA/LCA/Panhard and LT Headers-Tips and CAI/TB.

I expect to get 50ish HP on option 2 and an overall better setup but is 170ish HP on a stock car worth it? As tempting as it is, I think the boost would be lost for the most part and the better option would be to stick with the original plan.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:49 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

So it wasn't local after all so the deal is off. During my thought process I decided to move forward with the original plan as I feel like IF I do charge it in the future it'd be better to put it on a car that can make the best use of the POWAH!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Ahh, I probably would've started with option 2 anyway. You need to be able to deliver that power to the pavement after all.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

you'll get hardly any gain from the throttlebody if anything. the cost per HP increase is totally not worth it. better money can be spent elsewhere.

longtubes are really labor intensive, and the gains aren't there per dollar spent.

i'm not saying don't do the mods, what i am saying is that if you did long tubes and throttle body and we were to race, you'd be marginally faster with a much lighter wallet.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

If you want to eventually go with a blower, work on your suspension, skip the coil over, long tubes can be worth it. Just save your cash and get what you want.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
you'll get hardly any gain from the throttlebody if anything. the cost per HP increase is totally not worth it. better money can be spent elsewhere.
I agree 100%. It's low on my priority list and the only reason its there at all is that I feel I would get better use of the TB due to upgrading the rest of the air flow.

longtubes are really labor intensive, and the gains aren't there per dollar spent.
I'll have to check on the LT again.. I seem to remember seeing decent numbers (like 30rwhp) With any luck I'll have one install of LT under my belt before my own.

i'm not saying don't do the mods, what i am saying is that if you did long tubes and throttle body and we were to race, you'd be marginally faster with a much lighter wallet.
So you're saying I'd win? =)
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
If you want to eventually go with a blower, work on your suspension, skip the coil over, long tubes can be worth it. Just save your cash and get what you want.
I'm hoping to get a set of Coilovers locally for around $700. That puts me at about $1200 for the whole suspension after LCA/UCA/PHB. If I didn't go with BCR Coilovers, it'd be Koni Yellows for about the same price.

Either way the CAI/TB is put off until after the Procharger anyways. Likely wont even get them.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
I agree 100%. It's low on my priority list and the only reason its there at all is that I feel I would get better use of the TB due to upgrading the rest of the air flow.

I'll have to check on the LT again.. I seem to remember seeing decent numbers (like 30rwhp) With any luck I'll have one install of LT under my belt before my own.

So you're saying I'd win? =)

lol your last part really got me.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

That's unfortunate about the blower deal. I just strapped a ProCharger to my 2011 5.0 and it is outrageous!