MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (http://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Comp 127500 idle video (http://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/711199-comp-127500-idle-video.html)

2005Redfire6 06-22-2014 06:22 PM

Comp 127500 idle video
 
Hey guys, just wanted to share an idle video I had of my Comp 127500 cams, idle set at 800.

Livernois 298 stroker, Comp 127500 cams, BBK Long tubes, O/R X-Pipe, and Pype bombs.



steel pony 06-22-2014 10:42 PM

There's just something sexy about a cammed 4.6L

Well done!

Mellowdien 06-23-2014 09:28 AM

Awesome! you posted a dynosheet not too long ago right?
We're the cams already in when you did?

127500? are those SPR cams?

2005Redfire6 06-23-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellowdien (Post 8401544)
Awesome! you posted a dynosheet not too long ago right?
We're the cams already in when you did?

127500? are those SPR cams?

Yes they are with SPR. The dyno sheet was with the cams, they are locked out though. Ideally would have been better with lighter valve springs and limiters instead of lockouts... You live and learn.

Callinectes 06-25-2014 06:01 PM

That's my new favorite song.

Scott2 06-26-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 (Post 8401586)
Yes they are with SPR. The dyno sheet was with the cams, they are locked out though. Ideally would have been better with lighter valve springs and limiters instead of lockouts... You live and learn.

Sounds very healthy!

I used 127550 cams in my SC build. Just so you know, I started out with FRPP Limiters but had some valvetrain/phaser noise at start up. Under investigation the little limiter spring in the passenger phaser was broken. While I am sure this did not cause the noise when I put the motor back together I used Livernois Lockouts and no more noise. Go figure!

2005Redfire6 06-27-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callinectes (Post 8402762)
That's my new favorite song.

Lol, mine too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott2 (Post 8402910)
Sounds very healthy!

I used 127550 cams in my SC build. Just so you know, I started out with FRPP Limiters but had some valvetrain/phaser noise at start up. Under investigation the little limiter spring in the passenger phaser was broken. While I am sure this did not cause the noise when I put the motor back together I used Livernois Lockouts and no more noise. Go figure!

Yeah thats also part of the reason why I did lockouts, didn't want to have issues with the limiters.

kevinmalec 06-30-2014 09:25 AM

Sounds beastly, Eddie!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.