Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to do with this mod money?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Default What to do with this mod money?

Hey guys,

So I came into a lil cash and not sure what to do with it. You can see my existing mods in my sig. Here's what I will definitely be doing also:

Tune
Koni Yellows
H&R Lowering Springs
GT500 Upper Strut Mounts
Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets
Alignment

My issue is after these I'll have about $1,000 left over and not sure what to do next. I do plan on getting 295(it think) Michelin Super Sport with new rims in the future but not with this money. The next mods in line I'm thinking are between:

longtube headers/off road x-pipe
BOSS 302 intake

My end goal will be a procharger eventually so I don't want to blow a bunch on things like CAI which will have to be resold down the line. Any thoughts on which of the above two options to do first, or an alternative suggestion?

Thanks,
Old 07-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
Hey guys,

So I came into a lil cash and not sure what to do with it. You can see my existing mods in my sig. Here's what I will definitely be doing also:

Tune
Koni Yellows
H&R Lowering Springs
GT500 Upper Strut Mounts
Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets
Alignment

My issue is after these I'll have about $1,000 left over and not sure what to do next. I do plan on getting 295(it think) Michelin Super Sport with new rims in the future but not with this money. The next mods in line I'm thinking are between:

longtube headers/off road x-pipe
BOSS 302 intake

My end goal will be a procharger eventually so I don't want to blow a bunch on things like CAI which will have to be resold down the line. Any thoughts on which of the above two options to do first, or an alternative suggestion?

Thanks,
Since I'm possibly going to be moving to the Tampa Area you are allowed to do anything but green stripes. I seriously doubt that will be a problem though...
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 AM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

I have "a few" crisp $100 bills folded and inside a piece of file card that I then taped over completely so it'll stay dry .... carried deep in my wallet .... for near 20-25 years now.

It's emergency funds if I'm on the road .... and as much trouble as it would be to get to, likely I'll keep it so.

Just an idea?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Since I'm possibly going to be moving to the Tampa Area you are allowed to do anything but green stripes. I seriously doubt that will be a problem though...
Ah! I was going to go with green stripes too.. guess I'll have to reconsider. If you do move down - let me know.

Originally Posted by tbear853
I have "a few" crisp $100 bills folded and inside a piece of file card that I then taped over completely so it'll stay dry .... carried deep in my wallet .... for near 20-25 years now.

It's emergency funds if I'm on the road .... and as much trouble as it would be to get to, likely I'll keep it so.

Just an idea?
I appreciate the words of wisdom - which they are. That being said, I have other funds to be responsible with. This money is just to play with.

Plus, I decided to go with BBK Longtube Headers and off-road x-pipe.
YEAH!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:25 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Id lower it first things first.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Save your money and buy the blower.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:31 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by drewsky
Id lower it first things first.
I agree 100% - Which is why I am. Koni Yellows should be here this week and I'm just making sure my other suspension plans are solid but It'll be lowered before any other mods are added.

Originally Posted by Simon1
Save your money and buy the blower.
How I wish I could. It'll be a long while before I have the additional funds for the blower. That and I still have to convince my wife which may take the rest of my life to accomplish.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I would install your first list but hold off on the LTs and boss intake. Just save that cash towards the blower.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
I agree 100% - Which is why I am. Koni Yellows should be here this week and I'm just making sure my other suspension plans are solid but It'll be lowered before any other mods are added.

How I wish I could. It'll be a long while before I have the additional funds for the blower. That and I still have to convince my wife which may take the rest of my life to accomplish.
It took me a few years for me to save. It was something I had wanted for almost 20 years. For me, when I want to save, I set a goal for the money and how long it will take for me to save it, then start setting the money aside in an account of in my safe. If you are slightly mechanically inclined. plan on doing the install yourself. The great majority of the blowers are bolt on applications and come with great instructions.

I'm currently trying to save for a 4r70w. But health issues have sucked up my savings and it seems it will be postponed for a while. Such is life with four kids...