Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

 
redCORTEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Vehicle: '14 Mustang GT
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 108
Default What to do with this mod money?

Hey guys,

So I came into a lil cash and not sure what to do with it. You can see my existing mods in my sig. Here's what I will definitely be doing also:

Tune
Koni Yellows
H&R Lowering Springs
GT500 Upper Strut Mounts
Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets
Alignment

My issue is after these I'll have about $1,000 left over and not sure what to do next. I do plan on getting 295(it think) Michelin Super Sport with new rims in the future but not with this money. The next mods in line I'm thinking are between:

longtube headers/off road x-pipe
BOSS 302 intake

My end goal will be a procharger eventually so I don't want to blow a bunch on things like CAI which will have to be resold down the line. Any thoughts on which of the above two options to do first, or an alternative suggestion?

Thanks,
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
redCORTEX


"Pirulentium"
2014 GT Premium | BBP | 3.55
Exterior: Blacked Out | Billet Retro Grille
Interior: Billet Retro Shift Knob
Exhaust: Pypes Pype Bomb Axle-Back
Suspension: Koni Yellows | H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs | J&M C/C Plates | Competition Engineering UCA/LCA/PHB | Whiteline LCA Relocation
redCORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

 
Cristoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GT / California Special Edition
Location: California
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCORTEX View Post
Hey guys,

So I came into a lil cash and not sure what to do with it. You can see my existing mods in my sig. Here's what I will definitely be doing also:

Tune
Koni Yellows
H&R Lowering Springs
GT500 Upper Strut Mounts
Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets
Alignment

My issue is after these I'll have about $1,000 left over and not sure what to do next. I do plan on getting 295(it think) Michelin Super Sport with new rims in the future but not with this money. The next mods in line I'm thinking are between:

longtube headers/off road x-pipe
BOSS 302 intake

My end goal will be a procharger eventually so I don't want to blow a bunch on things like CAI which will have to be resold down the line. Any thoughts on which of the above two options to do first, or an alternative suggestion?

Thanks,
Since I'm possibly going to be moving to the Tampa Area you are allowed to do anything but green stripes. I seriously doubt that will be a problem though...
Cristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

 
tbear853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Posts: 251
Default

I have "a few" crisp $100 bills folded and inside a piece of file card that I then taped over completely so it'll stay dry .... carried deep in my wallet .... for near 20-25 years now.

It's emergency funds if I'm on the road .... and as much trouble as it would be to get to, likely I'll keep it so.

Just an idea?
tbear853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

 
redCORTEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Vehicle: '14 Mustang GT
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
Since I'm possibly going to be moving to the Tampa Area you are allowed to do anything but green stripes. I seriously doubt that will be a problem though...
Ah! I was going to go with green stripes too.. guess I'll have to reconsider. If you do move down - let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbear853 View Post
I have "a few" crisp $100 bills folded and inside a piece of file card that I then taped over completely so it'll stay dry .... carried deep in my wallet .... for near 20-25 years now.

It's emergency funds if I'm on the road .... and as much trouble as it would be to get to, likely I'll keep it so.

Just an idea?
I appreciate the words of wisdom - which they are. That being said, I have other funds to be responsible with. This money is just to play with.

Plus, I decided to go with BBK Longtube Headers and off-road x-pipe.
YEAH!
__________________
redCORTEX


"Pirulentium"
2014 GT Premium | BBP | 3.55
Exterior: Blacked Out | Billet Retro Grille
Interior: Billet Retro Shift Knob
Exhaust: Pypes Pype Bomb Axle-Back
Suspension: Koni Yellows | H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs | J&M C/C Plates | Competition Engineering UCA/LCA/PHB | Whiteline LCA Relocation
redCORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
drewsky
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 06 GT Legend Lime and 1967 CP
Location: Arizona
Posts: 733
Default

Id lower it first things first.
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
Simon1
5th Gear Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 4,118
Default

Save your money and buy the blower.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

 
redCORTEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Vehicle: '14 Mustang GT
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsky View Post
Id lower it first things first.
I agree 100% - Which is why I am. Koni Yellows should be here this week and I'm just making sure my other suspension plans are solid but It'll be lowered before any other mods are added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
Save your money and buy the blower.
How I wish I could. It'll be a long while before I have the additional funds for the blower. That and I still have to convince my wife which may take the rest of my life to accomplish.
__________________
redCORTEX


"Pirulentium"
2014 GT Premium | BBP | 3.55
Exterior: Blacked Out | Billet Retro Grille
Interior: Billet Retro Shift Knob
Exhaust: Pypes Pype Bomb Axle-Back
Suspension: Koni Yellows | H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs | J&M C/C Plates | Competition Engineering UCA/LCA/PHB | Whiteline LCA Relocation
redCORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
808muscle
5th Gear Member
 
808muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Location: Maui
Posts: 4,420
Default

I would install your first list but hold off on the LTs and boss intake. Just save that cash towards the blower.
__________________


06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, BMR Loop, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, GT500 Spoiler, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph


04 Black SRT/10 Vipertruck....4.88's and all the other good stuff
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #9
Simon1
5th Gear Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 4,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCORTEX View Post
I agree 100% - Which is why I am. Koni Yellows should be here this week and I'm just making sure my other suspension plans are solid but It'll be lowered before any other mods are added.



How I wish I could. It'll be a long while before I have the additional funds for the blower. That and I still have to convince my wife which may take the rest of my life to accomplish.
It took me a few years for me to save. It was something I had wanted for almost 20 years. For me, when I want to save, I set a goal for the money and how long it will take for me to save it, then start setting the money aside in an account of in my safe. If you are slightly mechanically inclined. plan on doing the install yourself. The great majority of the blowers are bolt on applications and come with great instructions.

I'm currently trying to save for a 4r70w. But health issues have sucked up my savings and it seems it will be postponed for a while. Such is life with four kids...
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup