Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally purchased my supercharger kit

Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Quad4_72

Default Finally purchased my supercharger kit

I made a thread here a couple years ago talking about buying one, and I finally did it. I went with the brenspeed edelbrock E-Force 650HP kit. Now I just gotta wait patiently for 3 weeks for it to arrive. Pretty excited.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Man your cars gonna be a beast! Congrats!
Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Awesome, congratulations! Are you going to do the install yourself?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:48 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

install should be easy....and once its done, prepare yourself for lift-off
Old 08-06-2014, 09:27 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Sigh... Maybe someday... Probably never...
Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Quad4_72

Originally Posted by jpplaw
install should be easy....and once its done, prepare yourself for lift-off
So I take it you enjoy your e force? I have seen a lot of haters on other forums.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Quad4_72
So I take it you enjoy your e force? I have seen a lot of haters on other forums.
Unfortunately people will talk **** about any FI. Eforce is a nice kit. U will enjoy it
Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Quad4_72
Most of the haters are eejits and have no idea what it is that they are talking about. Most probably don't even have F/I. The E-Force has the same internals as the Roush 2.3L TVS. The Roush may make slightly more peak hp - but they also make less peak torque than the E-Force. It is because of the intake runners. Those runners make daily N/A (non-boost) driving quite fun as well. Brent's tunes are also spot on.

Granted, I have a lot of supporting mods - but I make more power than I can realistically use, on the street, at least. My car is an auto - so based on the rwhp/rwtq numbers, it is putting out high 700's for flywheel hp/tq.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Quad4_72

Originally Posted by jpplaw
Most of the haters are eejits and have no idea what it is that they are talking about. Most probably don't even have F/I. The E-Force has the same internals as the Roush 2.3L TVS. The Roush may make slightly more peak hp - but they also make less peak torque than the E-Force. It is because of the intake runners. Those runners make daily N/A (non-boost) driving quite fun as well. Brent's tunes are also spot on.

Granted, I have a lot of supporting mods - but I make more power than I can realistically use, on the street, at least. My car is an auto - so based on the rwhp/rwtq numbers, it is putting out high 700's for flywheel hp/tq.
Good info and part of the reason why I went with the E Force. So obviously you are a very satisfied customer and I have a feeling I will be too. I have never driven a car as fast as mine will be.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:00 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Very satisfied. They have even made the installation a lot simpler nowadays than when I did mine, today its basically plug and play. The SC on mine now has around 60,000 miles on it and still going strong.

If you don't already have one, get a good pcv catch can. I use a Moroso.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally purchased my supercharger kit