Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lean Bank Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:58 PM
wyliedx

Default Lean Bank Error

I bought a brand new 2014 GT and got a CAI w/ bama tune. I installed the CAI and installed the tune and after the first day I got the 171 & 174 errors. I returned the car to stock to check if it was the tune and the error re-appear within the first 5 miles driving. Since then I have re-installed the tune and I bought a can of starter fluid and check all the connection areas and tubes and i'm not getting in change the mustang's idle. I just pulled the main tube out and re-installed, checked all the connections and all plugs. The check engine light is still on.

When I drive the car 1st and 2nd gear are really rough and if I let off the gas it drives like its about to die but it doesn't.

Any ideas
Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Clean the MAF. It's possible when you changed intakes something got on it and is giving bad readings. Are you clearing the codes after reading them?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Try loading one of the other 3 tunes. If they are the same, try re-downloading the tune and pushing it to the car. The tune could have corrupted in the email transfer or device transfer. If all that fails, have them email a fresh copy. If that doesn't resolve, data log the tune and send the log file in for them to analyze. They will get you squared away man.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

I just got my Tuner as well, with the custom tunes. However have been hesitant about flashing the car, afraid that the same thing may happen to mine. I have a similar setup however my CAI doesn't require a tune. Please post what you find in case I have the same issues, when I decide to run a custom tune.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:17 PM
wyliedx

I just got the cleaner for the maf and I will update.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:45 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wyliedx
I bought a brand new 2014 GT and got a CAI w/ bama tune. I installed the CAI and installed the tune and after the first day I got the 171 & 174 errors. I returned the car to stock to check if it was the tune and the error re-appear within the first 5 miles driving. Since then I have re-installed the tune and I bought a can of starter fluid and check all the connection areas and tubes and i'm not getting in change the mustang's idle. I just pulled the main tube out and re-installed, checked all the connections and all plugs. The check engine light is still on.

When I drive the car 1st and 2nd gear are really rough and if I let off the gas it drives like its about to die but it doesn't.

Any ideas
I just got the cleaner for the maf and I will update.
^ Let us know how this goes. This is an odd issue since the car is brand new. If it's happening on both the tuned file and stock file it's clearly something mechanically wrong.

Keep us posted! Worst case you could swing the car over to the dealership.

-Dan
Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM
wyliedx

So it appears that I got the MAF dirty when I was installing the CAI. I clean the MAF and cleared the code. I've driven the car only about 10 miles since then, (waiting on the Hurricane in Hawaii) but no problems. I will be putting some miles on it today and I will update it.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like what happened with me. Bama sent me the tunes based off an incorrect ECU code. I contacted Bama, explained what was going on and they adjusted the tune. Runs great now
Old 08-10-2014, 03:29 PM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

So it appears that I got the MAF dirty when I was installing the CAI. I clean the MAF and cleared the code. I've driven the car only about 10 miles since then, (waiting on the Hurricane in Hawaii) but no problems. I will be putting some miles on it today and I will update it.
Sounds like you may have it worked out, thanks for the update. I have decided to wait till I hit 10K, I figured if anything happens to my car due to an factory assembly issue it should do it by then.........hopefully. I know some dealerships are mod friendly, but dont want to take a chance with the dealer thats nearest to my house and wind up with an expensive paperweight.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM
wyliedx

So after driving it for a day, the light and codes are back.

What fun.
Trying to update my tuner and get new tunes.

Quick Reply: Lean Bank Error