Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'13 door pull twice to open, other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Mulepick

Default '13 door pull twice to open, other stuff

My '13 GT/CS takes two pulls to open the door after being unlocked with the keyring button. Is this something that I've set wrong? Does this on both sides.

Rear view mirror starting to vibrate and rattles in winter. Rattle related to wiring going into the mirror rear.
TSBs on this stuff?

At 20k, steering feeling more lose and wandery, suspension feeling harder.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:30 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Under warranty still I'm assuming?
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

My driver door does the same thing. I'll press unlock on the key fob and the doors unlock, but when I pull on the driver handle it pulls like it's locked. I'll pull it a second time and it will open. This happens at least 80% of the time but not all the time. I just learned to live with it. Now that someone else is experiencing this, I'm curious as to what's causing it now.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Mulepick

Yes, under warranty but unlikely to take it in for these things. Well, maybe the mirror rattle which bus the hell out of me in the winter.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Brando

I had the same door handle issue with my v6 and I decided it wasn't worth bringing into the dealer for.

I had a rear suspension squeak in the winter when I went over larger bumps, but that went away as the temperature went back up. (I'm talking about 0-20 degrees F) I never know what the dealer is going to do when I bring my car in...usually they fix one thing but make another problem...
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mulepick
My '13 GT/CS takes two pulls to open the door after being unlocked with the keyring button. Is this something that I've set wrong? Does this on both sides.

Rear view mirror starting to vibrate and rattles in winter. Rattle related to wiring going into the mirror rear.
TSBs on this stuff?
At 20k, steering feeling more lose and wandery, suspension feeling harder.
Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
My driver door does the same thing. I'll press unlock on the key fob and the doors unlock, but when I pull on the driver handle it pulls like it's locked. I'll pull it a second time and it will open. This happens at least 80% of the time but not all the time. I just learned to live with it. Now that someone else is experiencing this, I'm curious as to what's causing it now.
Hello guys,

Have you addressed this with your dealers yet? I recommend you do, and let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area if needed. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

my old 13 did this it is the magnetic in the door system for unlocking/opening the door. The contacts may have some mfg residue on them.

At least that is what my dealer did to fix it.

But mine only acted up during the colder weather not so much during summer.

It is an hour trip to dealer. next time you need an oil change get it done. You can prematurely screw up the contacts if you don't.