Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need to buy a 2011 mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:42 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
What makes you say that? Being that its a new model I bet the aftermarket manufacturers are licking their chops to make products for a worldwide model.
I think outceltj was saying that it'll take time before the new 'Stang has the level of tuner/aftermarket support that the current car does.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:32 PM
luap1376

Originally Posted by mjk.94
Hello everyone , so i've been looking into buying the 2011 5.0 , but i didn't find any good sites or dealers , i would buy 05-09 but i'm really sick of that engine i need the 5.0 , so can you guys suggest any sites or you might know some who's willing to sell his mustang , my budget is 23k .
thanks
mjk.94,

Make sure you hold back about 2K to get your new car an aftermarket hood. You will need to replace it when the paint starts blistering and peeling away. Unless you like that look. Make sure you pop the hood and look underneath by the seam before purchasing. You should do this with a new 2015 model too.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:37 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
I think outceltj was saying that it'll take time before the new 'Stang has the level of tuner/aftermarket support that the current car does.
I was referring to the turbo setup. Your stuck with a turbo set up. Last I checked about the turbo set up for the f150 there wasn't much there other than the handheld. I guess it just depends on how far u wanna take the mods. Most would rather start with nothing and build from there. While others would be ok with the turbo set up. 05-09 has a huge aftermarket that gives you the ability to take a 20k car and turn it into one of a kind king. But it also comes down to your budget. 23k would be hard to start with in my honest opinion. Especially if you want a 5.0. I don't watch the prices much anymore so im not sure. You would probably have to go with a tin can at that price. Meaning hardly any creature comforts.

Save for another year and be patient if that's what you want.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:36 AM
mjk.94

Originally Posted by luap1376
mjk.94,

Make sure you hold back about 2K to get your new car an aftermarket hood. You will need to replace it when the paint starts blistering and peeling away. Unless you like that look. Make sure you pop the hood and look underneath by the seam before purchasing. You should do this with a new 2015 model too.
Interesting tip !! thank u i'll make sure to check it !!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM
mjk.94

Originally Posted by outceltj
I was referring to the turbo setup. Your stuck with a turbo set up. Last I checked about the turbo set up for the f150 there wasn't much there other than the handheld. I guess it just depends on how far u wanna take the mods. Most would rather start with nothing and build from there. While others would be ok with the turbo set up. 05-09 has a huge aftermarket that gives you the ability to take a 20k car and turn it into one of a kind king. But it also comes down to your budget. 23k would be hard to start with in my honest opinion. Especially if you want a 5.0. I don't watch the prices much anymore so im not sure. You would probably have to go with a tin can at that price. Meaning hardly any creature comforts.

Thank you for your helpful tips , i agree with u !! i'll look into it
Old 09-29-2014, 10:53 AM
mjk.94

BTW this's my baby !!
Attached Thumbnails need to buy a 2011 mustang GT-10641230_857318387621013_6500663278643908633_n.jpg   need to buy a 2011 mustang GT-img_0936.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Turbo truck (even F150) is a totally different performance demographic and target than a Mustang Turbo. Once the Ecoboost mustangs hit the streets, the aftermarket will pick up the slack quickly (dare I say explode?) to make bolt-ons available for it. At the very least you will have CAI and tuners, the suspension is the same as the Nonturbo units so that's already TCO (taken care of). I can see Cams and an upgraded head also being made available in the aftermarket fairly soon after they start hitting the streets.

FRPP will probably also be releasing staged performance packages like it did in the past with other FI cars.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:55 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Turbo truck (even F150) is a totally different performance demographic and target than a Mustang Turbo. Once the Ecoboost mustangs hit the streets, the aftermarket will pick up the slack quickly (dare I say explode?) to make bolt-ons available for it. At the very least you will have CAI and tuners, the suspension is the same as the Nonturbo units so that's already TCO (taken care of). I can see Cams and an upgraded head also being made available in the aftermarket fairly soon after they start hitting the streets.

FRPP will probably also be releasing staged performance packages like it did in the past with other FI cars.
I stand corrected. Sounds like it could be interesting. Id like to see how much room there really is for hp growth with those turbos. I was thinking that the money spent on heads would very $$ compared to the amount of hp your getting but that remains to be seen. Heck it might be more than I think.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I stand corrected. Sounds like it could be interesting. Id like to see how much room there really is for hp growth with those turbos. I was thinking that the money spent on heads would very $$ compared to the amount of hp your getting but that remains to be seen. Heck it might be more than I think.
Nope, not corrected, just countered. It's all conjecture until the car is actually released and we can see what really happens. I just recall that with the Focus SVT and 03-04 Cobras there is/was a lot of aftermarket support including from FRPP.

Anytime you are dealing with FI, your gains (% wise over the base HP/TQ) will be greater than a similar upgrade on a NA motor. Plus, with a turbo (or SC) motor you already have forged internals so you can push that much harder without significant internal engine mods.

But yeah, it remains to be seen. If I had to choose between a Turbo 4Cyl and a NA V6...Turbo 4 cyl would be what I choose. Between turbo 4 cyl, NA V6 and NA V8. I'd go V8 or Turbo in that order.

Hmm...whatta coinky-dink. This was on Yahoo's home page.

http://ca.autoblog.com/2014/09/29/20...seconds-video/ A tune, CAI, exhaust and Drags and the car clocks in at mid 12's already... Yeah there were a couple of other what I would call non-contributing mods as well (new subframe, new halfshafts, and racing seats).

Last edited by Derf00; 09-29-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

I was referring to the turbo setup. Your stuck with a turbo set up. Last I checked about the turbo set up for the f150 there wasn't much there other than the handheld.
it depends on what the market will buy. I doubt too many F-150 buyers are looking to swap turbos or screw too much with the mechanicals of their engines.

Mustang buyers will probably be more likely to mod their cars, even the Ecoboost models. Look at how much stuff was out there for the original SRT-4, you could do some insane **** to those cars with just bolt-ons.