Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
yllwblze11

Vehicle: 2011, 5.0
Default Procharger advice!

I own a '11 GT with an only mod for hp being the side exhaust system from carvings! I've been saving and looking into a procharger system and looking for any input from those who have owned 1 or currently does and how they like it, any tips n tricks, should I go stage 1 or 2?? And...i have the GT/Cs front bumper!?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
yllwblze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
sactown
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I had a procharger for a very short period of time, did not care for it for a number of reasons. If you plan on only racing once in a while but drive on the street a lot get a twin screw IMO, others will telling you to get a procharger but that is their opinion. I ran a saleen SC on my car for years before upgrading to the turbo, but I only race my car now, otherwise I would have kept the twin screw.

9.63 @ 141
Built and Tunned by AED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMHz...hpn-cXeKrLg-zg
sactown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

I own a 2011 5.0 with a UPR-spec ProCharger Stg II. I daily drive it at 10lbs of boost and the car is just as happy running 10s in the quarter on 19" tires as it is on the roadrace track. I love the smooth power delivery of the ProCharger on our cars. (of course, tires & suspension are necessary upgrades to get the full benefit of the extra power)

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown View Post
I had a procharger for a very short period of time, did not care for it for a number of reasons. If you plan on only racing once in a while but drive on the street a lot get a twin screw IMO, others will telling you to get a procharger but that is their opinion. I ran a saleen SC on my car for years before upgrading to the turbo, but I only race my car now, otherwise I would have kept the twin screw.
Get A TWIN SCREW!

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael

Twin Screw... I've driven blowdryer and PD blower cars... nothing beats the PD
Paramedic, Calvert Advanced Life Support

Cpl, USMC (Ret.)

2008 Ford Mustang GT: Whipple Charged, Pypes Violators, SCT Tune, Steeda TriAx, ProChamber, Sequentials, OEM 19" 2011 GT/CS Charcoal Wheels, Exedy Mach 500 Clutch w/ LW Flywheel,Steeda S/S-Springs, LCA and UCA
dlazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Look into a Roush or Edelbrock. Way better choice IMO. My buddy just installed a pro charger on his car. He was so unimpressed at the fitment. Roush installs easy with very good instructions.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT/CS

Who will be installing and tuning the unit?

If you are using a local speedshop/tuner, get what they are most familiar with and recommend. This will give you the best drivability and reliable horsepower.

If you will be doing the install yourself and running a canned or email tune, I'm with the others that recommend a PD blower.
2007 GT/CS: custom twin turbo by P&Performance, FRPP TB & intake manifold, Comp XFI stage II NSR cams, heads by Total Engine Airflow, FRPP X-pipe, Corsa Sport exhaust, Steeda Sport springs, Koni Sport shocks/struts, DSS aluminum driveshaft, AMR 19" wheels.
417/412 hp/tq @ 4psi
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM STS!!!!!
breathegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement