Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting a supercharger, Yeah!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:28 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

Default Getting a supercharger, Yeah!

I've finally saved up enough for a supercharger for my '07. My plan is to keep the hot rod cams I have now and get a supercharger and LTs and custom tune it to make a safe, sub 500 whp, 1st stage. I've had a friend try to convince me to get a centri since they're the logical choice being cheaper, more powerful and more modular. Problem is I haven't found a video of one that I like the sound of; they're all kinda gassy sounding. I'd be willing to pay the premium to get a tvs 2300 roush charger since that one will accomplish my power goals (future power goals too) and will make a sweet whine for my $5500 supercharger budget. I know twin screws are held in high regard and the debate is usually between a TS and a centri but those are a bit more pricey. Anyway, how does my reasoning sound? Do you guys like the sound of centri's? Anyone have a youtube video of an awesome sounding procharged 3V or something? I'm just trying to get ~450 whp with cool induction sound, so I think the roushcharger is a good way to do it.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:23 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

M90s are the loudest but certainly not the big power SC. The roush r2300 is awesome. Its a killer setup that produces great efficient power. Roush also has great instructions for the install. You can download them from their website.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:55 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

couple of cheap mods I would install would oil catch can and a tranny catch can. congrats on your decision. Id stick with the rousch as well. Just go with what u want. If you have a shop around where u live u might be able to ask them for customers who have a centri setup. You might be able to get a ride from someone so you can check it out
Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I don't think you will regret the TVS. I am running a 3 inch pulley and I have that whine that you are looking for. Install was pretty easy. I have a VMP tune as well. My car is making great power.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I don't think you will regret the TVS. I am running a 3 inch pulley and I have that whine that you are looking for. Install was pretty easy. I have a VMP tune as well. My car is making great power.
I recently read about it in mustang and ford and it does really make the choice between older m90s a no-brainer. Quick question, what kind of pulley comes with the stage one kit and does the new belt come with more ribs? And how much are you making with a 3 inch pulley? I can't seem to find that info. Also your stang looks super sweet with those louvers painted like that.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
couple of cheap mods I would install would oil catch can and a tranny catch can. congrats on your decision. Id stick with the rousch as well. Just go with what u want. If you have a shop around where u live u might be able to ask them for customers who have a centri setup. You might be able to get a ride from someone so you can check it out
Thanks for the advice! I'm glad people are telling me to go ahead with it, don't want to go and make a stupid decision
Old 12-09-2014, 09:01 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
M90s are the loudest but certainly not the big power SC. The roush r2300 is awesome. Its a killer setup that produces great efficient power. Roush also has great instructions for the install. You can download them from their website.
I know m90s sound freaking awesome and the TVS are quieter. Have you driven in both?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I personally prefer ProChargers, and that's what I run on my cars, but we have a Roush TVS on our 3V GT shop car and it runs 9s in the quarter mile, fully streetable. Give us a call at 561.588.6630 and we'd be happy to quote a nice system for you.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:28 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Congrats man! You're going to love being boosted. I almost went with a Procharger but decided on a Whipple instead. Best decision I've made.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:04 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 20binafd
I recently read about it in mustang and ford and it does really make the choice between older m90s a no-brainer. Quick question, what kind of pulley comes with the stage one kit and does the new belt come with more ribs? And how much are you making with a 3 inch pulley? I can't seem to find that info. Also your stang looks super sweet with those louvers painted like that.
So there are two options for the ribs. I believe one is eight and one is six. The kit comes with a 4.25 inch pulley. I'm running a three inch and a VMP tune. I should be right at the limit for stock internals, but haven't had a chance to dyno it yet. But from what I've been able to gather, somewhere around 500hp.

And thank about the louvers comment. I really like them.

Quick Reply: Getting a supercharger, Yeah!