Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dirt Road + stang?

Old 12-16-2014, 08:08 PM
BlueBells96

Even if I had a stang fresh off the lot, it's a car **** it. Hit the dirt road and dukes of hazzard that ****!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:21 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBells96
Even if I had a stang fresh off the lot, it's a car **** it. Hit the dirt road and dukes of hazzard that ****!
You might feel differently if you had a 40 / 50 / 60 thousand dollar vehicle.

Please know that I'm not picking on your current vehicle, just pointing out that things are a bit different as the cost/value of a vehicle goes up (to most people).
Old 12-17-2014, 07:55 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Lol, I drive a 2014 Escalade on my dirt roads. But I get what you're saying, people see their cars differently. We have lived on dirt forever. My guess would be that my vehicles have seen more dirt that maybe everyone on this forum combined.

But yeah...I drive like its Hazard County.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:30 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d

You might feel differently if you had a 40 / 50 / 60 thousand dollar vehicle.

Please know that I'm not picking on your current vehicle, just pointing out that things are a bit different as the cost/value of a vehicle goes up (to most people).
My girlfriend drives her 2010 corvette down her dirt driveway thats almost 1/4 mile long. It's all in how fast you drive. Dirt can be washed off, it's why they make car soap and wax.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:38 PM
ZGrand
2nd Gear Member

I lived on a dirt road for a while before they paved it. I just drove slowly so as not to kick up a bunch of dust. Fortunately it was pretty well graveled, so it didn't get too muddy.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:30 PM
roegs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
My girlfriend drives her 2010 corvette down her dirt driveway thats almost 1/4 mile long. It's all in how fast you drive. Dirt can be washed off, it's why they make car soap and wax.
A driveway is a completely different issue for me. You can control what happens on a driveway and what kind of shape it stays in. A public dirt road you are typically at the mercy of the county on how often its graded to get rid of the washboard. Also, there are not many vehicles that pass you on a driveway creating a dust storm.

I like car soap and wax as much as the other guy, but that does not mean I like to use it daily.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:27 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by om3n
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies.

I drove up and down the road probably 20 times before I made my decision to go for the house. I'm still in the process before closing, but I'm pretty stoked, especially about the garage.

And I agree with what a lot of you guys said on here: house > car. Plus, all I really have to do is drive slow for 1/2 mile, it's not like I will be sacrificing all that much. The mustang isn't my daily driver, my F150 is, so 85% of the time I'll be taking the truck anyways.
You guys are all talking dirt road is it not a gravel road? Dirt road turns to mud when it rains and no Mustang will like that. Here in Iowa they are gravel roads and every so often they have to put more gravel on them.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:34 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

I know a lot about gravel roads over 20 years ago my wife and I had a chance to get a house her dad built but on 3/4 mile of gravel road. Great house 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2 fireplaces 3 car attached garage morton building etc etc. All the room allowed kids to have motorcycles, go carts etc. Great move but it did hurt some I had a Corvette and Harley and just hated the road still do after 20 years. Vette is gone and different Harley now but still creepy slowly down the road.

Now to Mustang! Just made a offer last night on 2014 GT premium red, black leather 4k miles so if they come down some may have to take it down the gravel.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:37 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by beb
House > Car

I take my mustang on dirt when I go shooting, it sucks because you have to be careful; but if I had to do it everyday for a home, I would!

Good luck on purchase!
Shooting they don't allow that in Cali do they? LOL

Come to Iowa I have a great local range and I'll drive my F150
Old 12-30-2014, 01:07 AM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Cars are meant to be driven. If it bothers you, either prepare to paint the car or accept the chips as patina of use.

I'd feel different if I was driving a 200K+ Aston or something I'd feel different...but then I probably wouldn't be living on dirt loads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirt Road + stang?