Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2014 GT Premium Race Red 4,050 miles $27000

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Smoove7

Mine was at a dealer. I thought something was wrong for it to be that price, but I guess I got lucky.

Copy this link and put in the vin after the = sign to see the window sticker:

fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 AM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Smoove7
Mine was at a dealer. I thought something was wrong for it to be that price, but I guess I got lucky.

Copy this link and put in the vin after the = sign to see the window sticker:

fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=
I found a Ford dealer site that let me put in VIN and pull up window MSRP. That was nice to check details on car; 2014 GT Coupe Premium MT82 trans, Race Red exterior, black leather
Options:
RR Sensing Sys/security Pkg $695
Active Anti Theft System
Wheel locking Kit
Reverse Park Assist
3.55 ratio limited slip axle $395
Comfort Package $650
Heated seats
Heated mirriors with pony lamp
19" painted wheels $995
Rear camera $385
Total MSRP $38,665
Old 12-23-2014, 10:37 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

idk, I would honestly want to know why the previous owner got rid of it at 6k miles. Thats one of those things I'm just hesitant to buy. Like the guys who sell their car with 800 miles on a rebuilt engine, just seems fishy to me.

Not to mention, not like you can ask them "yo, why did the previous owner get rid of it?", cause they're just going to lie. If it were me, I'd take that VIN to a P.I. and have them pull up the previous owners details, and just give them a call to see what's up. But that might be crossing a line, idk.

Do they have a car-fax on it? If so, I'd look at the history to see when it was purchased. If the previous owner got it in 2013, and only drove it 6k miles, that's totally fine. But if they bought it 8 months ago and drove it 6k miles and sold it 2 months ago, that's quite a different story.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:35 AM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
idk, I would honestly want to know why the previous owner got rid of it at 6k miles. Thats one of those things I'm just hesitant to buy. Like the guys who sell their car with 800 miles on a rebuilt engine, just seems fishy to me.

Not to mention, not like you can ask them "yo, why did the previous owner get rid of it?", cause they're just going to lie. If it were me, I'd take that VIN to a P.I. and have them pull up the previous owners details, and just give them a call to see what's up. But that might be crossing a line, idk.

Do they have a car-fax on it? If so, I'd look at the history to see when it was purchased. If the previous owner got it in 2013, and only drove it 6k miles, that's totally fine. But if they bought it 8 months ago and drove it 6k miles and sold it 2 months ago, that's quite a different story.
I agree with what you are saying the dealer gave me number for previous owner and called and talked to him no issues with car at all. He has owned several Mustangs but had one kid and they wanted to have another. His wife convince him it was time to get rid of it. They traded it on a new Hyundai Sonata.

Car fax is clean been to dealer for nothing. Car was owned for 8 months and no warranty work done. It has 2 years and 4 months of factory warranty; what is there to worry about. If it had no warranty it may be different story.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:10 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by burttrans
I agree with what you are saying the dealer gave me number for previous owner and called and talked to him no issues with car at all. He has owned several Mustangs but had one kid and they wanted to have another. His wife convince him it was time to get rid of it. They traded it on a new Hyundai Sonata.

Car fax is clean been to dealer for nothing. Car was owned for 8 months and no warranty work done. It has 2 years and 4 months of factory warranty; what is there to worry about. If it had no warranty it may be different story.
That would have been good enough for me.

My only concern would be the Cylinder head tick/transmission issues that Dealerships tend to dismiss as "cannot reproduce", but annoy the owner enough to trade it in/sell it.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

I finalized negotiations on a 2014 Race Red GT Premium with 4,400 miles. This car does not have a blemish on it; I had a chance over a week plus to take it out 2 times for over 3 hours total. I was able to talk to owner he had his 2nd kid on the way and wife made him trade on Hyundai Sonata. It has 2 years 4 months left on factory warranty clean car fax not damage or no warranty work at dealer. Car listed for $38,665 I am looking at MSRP as I write this. They had it special internet pricing of $27,995 I was not ready to buy until next summer when I free up a bunch of cash because getting daughters college paid for. I went ahead and bought it early because I got it for $25,400 plus tax, title and license they did hit me with $199 fee which I wasn't to happy about. I told my wife let's wait until summer unless I can get them down to $26,000 and I did better that that could not believe the deal I got.

Christmas day was 50 degrees and we spent over 3 hours just cruising. No mods but axle back mufflers love the sound!