Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2014 Supercharged GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:29 AM
HeLL-SPaWN

Default 2014 Supercharged GT/CS Stalling @ stops

I know there are lots of threads that ask about the stalling at stops and hunting idle issues. But I haven't seen any that fit my situation, So I have to ask here. Sorry about the long post.

2014 Mustang GT/CS Manual Trans
VMP Stage 3 Supercharger Kit w/ID1000 inj. Dual 67mm T.B. 123mm JLT CAI. B.A.P.
Roush axlebacks.

When I had the Kit installed (by a friend that owns a shop), the car ran great and still actually does. I data logged and sent Justin the info and he sent me an updated 93 tune. Shortly after I installed the tune I was driving to work and I Threw a DTC P219a (Air/Fuel Imbalance in bank a). Checked code and found it would cause no harm, Car ran fine, So I cleared the code and went on my way. It popped 2 more times.
I had my installer check for vacuum leaks and he found nothing.

So I put the original tune back in and noticed the RPMs would drop hard when I pushed in the clutch to coast to a stop, then it started to stall here and there. The car idles fine otherwise & has all the power but if I tap the gas it will hunt a little, go up to 2k drop down to 300-500 then back up to about 1100 then settle in to normal ( have idle set to 850).

One thing I did notice is the voltage would drop from 14.4v to 12.03 during stops.

Justin has been excellent working with me to figure this out, I understand that some people have fixed the issue, but they never state how or what was the cause.

ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUES?
I did the idle relearn 3 separate times, KAM Resets and Throttle relearns, Cleaned T.B.
Car is at shop again getting checked for leaks, TPS Voltage and malfunctioning fuel injectors.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Last edited by HeLL-SPaWN; 02-08-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

It's the tune. Needs to be logged, dyno'd and the tune figured out.

Otherwise it would be metered or unmetered air getting in or out. But I doubt that. You would have other issues.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:06 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
It's the tune. Needs to be logged, dyno'd and the tune figured out.

Otherwise it would be metered or unmetered air getting in or out. But I doubt that. You would have other issues.

Ditto..you gotta datalog it.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 AM
HeLL-SPaWN

Thanks for responding.
I have datalogged the issue and he has said everything is within range.

Think dyno tuning would be needed?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:59 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If you haven't dyno tuned it I sure would. I have heard of guys having issues with TB but that was the 05 to 10 so im not sure it would be the same for you. I wouldn't hesitate to maybe have another tuner look at the datalog that you have already done. I had an issue with the cams after I had them installed where the car would hunt as well. The tune needed a revision and solved my problem. So I to think its the tune. Its your car so don't feel like you cant go to another tuner to try and solve your issue.

Last edited by outceltj; 02-11-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 PM
HeLL-SPaWN

So I got the problem fixed after many, many talks, emails and, Updated tunes with Justin at VMP Tuning, on a whim I reinstalled my stock tune. DIDN'T Drive the car. I just started it and rev'd it a few times and each time it settled back to idle perfectly. So I emailed Justin and told him what I did and he sent me a new tune that almost fixed the problem. Only issue we will deal with is when I push in the clutch at a low rpm say between 1500-2000 the idle will dip a little bit below idle, BUT DOESN'T STALL!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the input.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeLL-SPaWN
So I got the problem fixed after many, many talks, emails and, Updated tunes with Justin at VMP Tuning, on a whim I reinstalled my stock tune. DIDN'T Drive the car. I just started it and rev'd it a few times and each time it settled back to idle perfectly. So I emailed Justin and told him what I did and he sent me a new tune that almost fixed the problem. Only issue we will deal with is when I push in the clutch at a low rpm say between 1500-2000 the idle will dip a little bit below idle, BUT DOESN'T STALL!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the input.
I love being right...

Some of that is till tuning. Some of it will be learned after the car runs for a bit, some of it won't. I have been told by a few tuners to let the car warm up a bit after a reflash and to let idle with the AC on. Seems to make a difference. I know if I turn my AC on in my car it does run slightly different.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:18 PM
HeLL-SPaWN

Justin turned the adaptive learning off after the 4th try. I just asked hime to re-engage all the features he turned off.
Thanks again