Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just grabbed an 07 GT premium with 64k on clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Forgestar CF5s, 18x9.5".

I just replaced my Pypes exhaust with a Kooks catback. The Pypes never fit properly and started to get some rust, just FYI.
I had issues with a Pypes system on my 2013, poorest fit imaginable, ended up selling the car, for this I will keep the pypes for now, but when time comes I will most likely do a Flow-master Outlaw series.

I love Flow-masters, the sound combined with a 4.6 engine just reminds me heavily of the stock 5.0 sound from the 80's.

But thanks for the heads up... I will inspect them more frequently. If I may ask, how long did you have your Pypes on the car before removing them?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:51 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I had issues with a Pypes system on my 2013, poorest fit imaginable, ended up selling the car, for this I will keep the pypes for now, but when time comes I will most likely due Flow-master Outlaw series.

I love Flow-masters, the sound combined with a 4.6 engine just reminds me heavily of the stock 5.0 sound from the 80's.

But thanks for the heads up... I will inspect them more frequently. If I may ask, how long did you have your Pypes on the car before removing them?
Couple of years. I would have done it sooner but I've been overseas. Loving the Kooks system. Could tell a difference in quality right out of the box. The welds definitely look like the work of a craftsman. In my opinion they sound better, but I was more concerned about quality of workmanship than sound.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Couple of years. I would have done it sooner but I've been overseas. Loving the Kooks system. Could tell a difference in quality right out of the box. The welds definitely look like the work of a craftsman. In my opinion they sound better, but I was more concerned about quality of workmanship than sound.
Definitely. Workmanship is everything. I have never had issues with FlowMaster systems, and they seem to outlast my cars lifespan, although I see more aluminized systems than the SS anymore, so I can't speak to the quality of that system as my first time using one is on the 02 convertible. All previous FM systems were full SS.

I will have to look up some sound clips of Kooks and make a decision when the time comes.

Right now this 07 is a budget build because I am working on two projects back to back. The rims I purchased were clearance, $280 for the staggered set (Cobra R with rivets), anything else will most likely be int he same category. Or until the AM show comes in August when they have their clearance tent. Then i'll blow a g on mods there.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:37 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Definitely. Workmanship is everything. I have never had issues with FlowMaster systems, and they seem to outlast my cars lifespan, although I see more aluminized systems than the SS anymore, so I can't speak to the quality of that system as my first time using one is on the 02 convertible. All previous FM systems were full SS.

I will have to look up some sound clips of Kooks and make a decision when the time comes.

Right now this 07 is a budget build because I am working on two projects back to back. The rims I purchased were clearance, $280 for the staggered set (Cobra R with rivets), anything else will most likely be int he same category. Or until the AM show comes in August when they have their clearance tent. Then i'll blow a g on mods there.
Give me a little bit, I'm putting together a video of mine.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:20 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Okay, so my camera sucks but maybe this will give you an idea.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Okay, so my camera sucks but maybe this will give you an idea.

Kooks Catback Exhaust
That sounds nice...

kooks it may be.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Well, I went ahead and put some new wheels on the coupe. I grabbed some Cobra R style wheels of OEWheels LLC, I try to buy from AM when I can as I am local to AM, but OE's prices are better and I can wait the 3 days they take to get to my house to save $150.00

She needs the new suspension installed, which is set to go in next weekend.