Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

3v FI 1/4 times

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
I don't think there is necessarily a "better" setup, it all comes down to what you plan on doing with the car. Personal I would get a twin screw over a vortech or procharger, I ran a saleen SC for years, other than dealing with belt issues (which were fixed) and heat soak (at the track, until ice box installed) it was fantastic and a ton of fun to drive especially on the street. Every setup will have some sort of issues, most of which can be fixed.

The turbo setup I have now is maintenance free, when compared to the twin screw or procharger (the procharger was a nightmare) no belt issues, no heat soak, no ice box in the trunk, no meth kit.... With the balling bearing turbo's there is little to no "turbo lag" like in the past. I am very happy with the setup, and should have went turbo straight from the twin screw.

Bottom line is get what you want, and don't worry about everyone's opinion.

On a side note: Simon1 is a bad *** MF'er
I would agree with everything above. The centri blowers are great and for the most part all of the turbo kits are excellent too. But after 8 years of dealing with FI and our cars, time and time again it seems like the most reliable and consitant form of FI for our cars is the twin screw blower. This would be KB, Whipple and TVS. One of those three.

And get what you want! If you like one over another because of whatever, don't worry too much about it. Get what you want. Don't settle. The price paid will long be forgotten after the satisfaction of your purchase.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
Next thing we'll see is you posting pictures of me drooling all over it.
Fixed
Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

true statement from simon1, I would suggest a supercharger you can grow with. I have a saleen stage 3 and im presently looking to find a buyer for that so that i can stab on a rousch so i can get some more boost. I think i have a guy thats interested and hopefully he says yes.