Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Offered a 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 02:03 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I was going to respond with all of the good points people already posted, but there is no need. How much more are you going to end up paying over the long run?

We went in for an oil change and were wondering around the lot when my wife saw the fuel mileage on a CMAX Hybrid Engeri. It looked like a stupid version of her 2013 Escape, but the mileage really was attractive to her, so we test drove it.

The salesman was all warm and fuzzy about, "buying that 2013 Escape because we have people banging down the doors to buy them!" He wasn't so cool when during the negotiation, we wouldn't talk payments; we pay cash for our cars. We seemed to get stuck on the trade in value because of this. He would just not offer a fair number on her car. He made the mistake of walking away to talk to his manager and I saw the real number they should have been offering on his computer screen, and he was really trying to screw us.

Hell! I'm glad we still have the Escape. That little thing has some pep!

Last edited by GLOCKer; 06-12-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
I was going to respond with all of the good points people already posted, but there is no need. How much more are you going to end up paying over the long run?

We went in for an oil change and were wondering around the lot when my wife saw the fuel mileage on a CMAX Hybrid Engeri. It looked like a stupid version of her 2013 Escape, but the mileage really was attractive to her, so we test drove it.

The salesman was all warm and fuzzy about, "buying that 2013 Escape because we have people banging down the doors to buy them!" He wasn't so cool when during the negotiation, we wouldn't talk payments; we pay cash for our cars. We seemed to get stuck on the trade in value because of this. He would just not offer a fair number on her car. He made the mistake of walking away to talk to his manager and I saw the real number they should have been offering on his computer screen, and he was really trying to screw us.

Hell! I'm glad we still have the Escape. That little thing has some pep!
You checked out the computer screen when he left the room, I LOVE IT, I'll rememember that next time
Old 06-30-2015, 01:25 PM
camlitlow

I have owned a 06 GT, a 14 GT and now have a 07 GT. I test drove a 15 GT 50th and really didn't like it. Clutch felt really soft and I am still not convinced on the new styling. Power was on par with my 14. Out of all of the ones I have owned I liked my 14 the best but I like the payments of my 07 the best
Old 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Agree with the above two posters. Also, the dealership doesn't "want your car" as much as they "want you in a new loan". Dealerships do not make money if you keep your car after the loan is done. Also like the above posts stated, shopping by payment amount alone is the type of shopper a dealer loves the most. There's a lot more math to buying a car than just the monthly payment. How much will your insurance change with a 2015?

It may end up being a good deal for you, but just double check everything first. Once you sign those papers you're stuck if you find something out 3 months later that you didn't see initially.
EXACTLY. LOTS of ways to 'skin a cat.' I look at payment and at overall. It all matters so you need to look at everything. Also, if you start talking to them about the total deal rather than payments, they assume you're an informed consumer and start treating you a lot better usually.

Originally Posted by steveo555

What you should be looking at is what price they would give for your trade in (compare the value to KBB and CarMax). Then negotiate the price of the new car before ANY Ford incentives are taking into affect. Ford reimburses dealerships for the incentives so this is no loss to the dealership. There are also 3rd party group memberships in which Ford gives new car rebates to. For example, the American Quarter Horse Association is a $50 per year membership but gives you a $500 Ford rebate. What I did was pay for a one year membership and wait the mandatory 30 days then use the rebate. Finally, the price between the negotiated new car price minus your trade in is the amount you will need to finance.

It is a lot more complicated then I explained above and you need to do more research on all the details.
THAT's a good idea. Lots of other incentives out there. I bought my truck and got a few incentives but I wish I would've did more research to find better incentives.

Originally Posted by Shane780
In my opinion, keep your car. The 2015 maybe more advanced, but the 2013-2014 have the muscle car look.
DING DING DING!!! I'm not confident that the 2015's will be everything they're cracked up to be. I don't have a crystal ball but I like the 2014/2013 version of the Mustang a lot better. Just my opinion
Old 06-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Kvally

Originally Posted by Shane780
In my opinion, keep your car. The 2015 maybe more advanced, but the 2013-2014 have the muscle car look.
The 2015 looks like a muscle car IMO.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Shane780
1st Gear Member

Default 2015 Muscle Car ?

Okay before I go and bash the 2015, ill first say that it is a great piece of engineering. It is faster then my 2013 GT. This model should appeal to many Europeans and will help ford in general with global sales.

Now.. All I see is a Mustang 2. Im 31 so I grew up in the 80s. Back when I was 16. Fox body mustangs were all the craze. 13 second quarter miles mildly modified. This had not been seen since 73 with the last of the muscle cars. 74-81 had garbage for horsepower and performance. King Cobras, Vegas with 350s, Datsun 280zs these were all pure crap in comparison to your 60's and 70s Mach 1, Camaro SS, Pontiac GTO etc.

Fortunately the 2015 has the 5.0 v8 and it has more horsepower then the 2011-2014. But I hear news of "King Cobra" and I think to myself Im glad I didnt buy a new Mustang 2. Ill stick with my Modern Muscle 2013 and keep the style that made these cars so popular to begin with.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Kvally

I am 43 and the only other Mustang I had before this one was a 1982, with a trunk and it had a 4 banger. I have watched the Mustang evolve since the 70's...some a truly cringe worthy. We should thank our lucky stars that the Ford Probe never officially replaced the Mustang.

That said, the 2015 Mustang looks...to me...like a Mustang, but evolved. You have a wide stance, typical front end and rear treatments. That big muscle car like hood you see out the windshield when driving. 2+2 interior, and a instrument panel/dashboard that carries the Mustang heritage with retro and current looks and technology.

To me it is just as much muscle car looking as the last gen. And I do love the last gen as well. I think the styles are similar, just "evolved" with the 2015.

I agree, it does have a broad appeal with the European flair, there is no question there.

I am just glad we still have the Mustang around after all these years.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I still get flyers in the mail from various dealerships wanting to buy my '08 and put me in something else. And they aren't all Ford dealerships either - two different Chevrolet dealers and a Nissan dealership have shown just as much interest.

I've been driving since the original Mustang was introduced, and while the 2015 may not be quite as overtly muscular-looking as the S197s it's still bulked up more than a little compared to the 1960's models (especially the 1965s & 1966s).

Norm
Old 07-06-2015, 10:14 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

The first gen s197's look awesome, the refresh did it wrong until 2013 when it became oh so right with those sexy taillights. The 2015? No doubt a better performer. But I'll stick with my owned, no payment no nothing 4.slow