Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:06 PM
IsaacofMT

Default What else?

Hey gents,

I own a 2011 Roush stage 2 and am about to order some goodies for it. I've been disciplined enough to stay away from modding for the last few years, but I thing the time has come to let the beast loose...

I think the suspension Roush put on is pretty good, so I'm just adding:
Kooks LT headers / catted X-pipe
Steeda CAI
DSS one-piece aluminum driveshaft
I'm not willing to thrown down the cheddar for a supercharger just yet, but that WILL be a future addition.

Question is... Am I missing anything important?
Bonus- anyone know any good shops in the Tacoma area that can install/dyno for me?
Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:32 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IsaacofMT
Hey gents,

I own a 2011 Roush stage 2...

Steeda CAI
DSS one-piece aluminum driveshaft...

I'm not willing to thrown down the cheddar for a supercharger just yet, but that WILL be a future addition....

Thanks!
You're already looking at about $2k, just skip those mods, eat some ramen noodles, skip the starbucks and go straight for a Roush supercharger for your Roush. You won't regret that decision when it's in and you're tearing up the... uh, track.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:17 AM
IsaacofMT

The difference between what I'm spending on these parts and the $6000 a supercharger is gonna cost is pretty sizable. Ramen for a while won't quite cut it...
Besides- when a blower goes on I want it to be the topping on an already very well built cake
Old 10-15-2015, 12:51 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Okay, if your eventual goal is to supercharge, the steeda CAI is going to be something that ends up getting replaced down the line. An electric water pump is something that will be useful down the line and gives you back some of the parasitic horsepower (5-10ish). Cams wouldn't be a bad addition at this point, just get some that will be compatible with the future supercharger.

You talk about a well-built cake, part of my non-stated point was that the Roush 2300 TVS is capable of bumping up the power more than the stock internals can handle depending on what pulley you use, and that at that point the long-tubes are mostly about sound and underhood bling. The driveshaft I get because there is a lot of drive-train slop in these cars with the factory 2-piece.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:30 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Could get a DOB supercharger setup.

my kit was roughly 4k all in.

could get cheaper buying mostly used parts and looking for deals
Old 10-16-2015, 01:28 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Where do you get DOB kits that low? Every time I try to configure one and shop around it ends up costing almost as much a brand name supercharger, maybe even more.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Decent deal on the manifold + head unit/tb/intake

Scratch/dented afco that came out flawless, fuel pump from S&H, gt500 takeoff injectors/rails

Then the random assorted fittings, hoses and such were sourced locally.

Had a spreadsheet setup with prices for everything when bought new, and then put prices in that i bought for, wound up right around 4k + tune
Old 10-21-2015, 08:54 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by IsaacofMT
Hey gents,

I own a 2011 Roush stage 2 and am about to order some goodies for it. I've been disciplined enough to stay away from modding for the last few years, but I thing the time has come to let the beast loose...

I think the suspension Roush put on is pretty good, so I'm just adding:
Steeda CAI
DSS one-piece aluminum driveshaft
I'm not willing to thrown down the cheddar for a supercharger just yet, but that WILL be a future addition.

Bonus- anyone know any good shops in the Tacoma area that can install/dyno for me?
Thanks!
Auto or manual? If manual, a short throw shifter will make the driving experience more engaging. If you are truly set on forced induction down the road, I would buy a short throw before spending on an intake that will be replaced.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:14 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If that roush comes lowered at all you will need an adjustable uca to set your PA with that DSS.