Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

VMP or others?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:12 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Default VMP or others?

I keep hearing that the VMP supercharger is better for your engine because of its cooling technology.

Is that true? It seems pretty expensive compared to some others...

Thoughts?
Old 12-13-2015, 10:42 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Not much difference on the basic kits. The higher hp kits come with fanned heat exchangers...at extra cost, of course. All PD blowers are more expensive than comparable Centri units, partly because most come as complete kits. What bugs me about VMP, much as I like the blower improvements in the Gen 2 case, is the fact they now charge extra for the canned tune, nail you for shipping on top of the kit cost and are NEVER meaningfully discounted, ever, by anyone. This makes it harder for me to commit, much as I like the product.

Centri blowers are actually easier on the engine, because they don't just move a fixed amount of air and thus place heavy load on the rotating assembly at low rpm, where it could do the most damage and the engine is at greatest risk.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:25 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Just upgrade your Heat Exchanger to the afco dual fan unit. Stock HE's normally are very small. Its a HUGE upgrade to keeping your blower cool.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:51 AM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreetGhost
I keep hearing that the VMP supercharger is better for your engine because of its cooling technology.

Is that true? It seems pretty expensive compared to some others...

Thoughts?
I have the VMP kit and I love it. Sometimes they have 5 - 10 % coupons they are usually less then the ROUSH kits and have better HE. I started thinking I was going to do a basic kit but then I went to E85. Depends what you want to do to your car.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...a-2014-GT-auto

Here is my install link.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P51C
Not much difference on the basic kits. The higher hp kits come with fanned heat exchangers...at extra cost, of course. All PD blowers are more expensive than comparable Centri units, partly because most come as complete kits. What bugs me about VMP, much as I like the blower improvements in the Gen 2 case, is the fact they now charge extra for the canned tune, nail you for shipping on top of the kit cost and are NEVER meaningfully discounted, ever, by anyone. This makes it harder for me to commit, much as I like the product.

Centri blowers are actually easier on the engine, because they don't just move a fixed amount of air and thus place heavy load on the rotating assembly at low rpm, where it could do the most damage and the engine is at greatest risk.
Granatelli Motorsports can provide you with any power adder system from Whipple Superchargers, Magnuson Superchargers, Vortech/Paxton and Procharger at a highly competitive price. We would be happy to give any member of Mustang Forums the deepest discount possible on complete supercharger systems, tuner kits and support/upgrade parts.