Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can I remove valve cover with hurst line lock installed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:03 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Default Can I remove valve cover with hurst line lock installed?

Title pretty much says it. I bought a set of cams and need to know if I'll need to remove the line lock in the process. The solenoid sets really close to the side and rear of the driver side cover. Only a 1/4 in or so room on the side and about the same to the rear of the cover.

If the cover will slide forward approx 3/8 or 1/2 during removal the solenoid should clear the back of the cover.

Hoping someone has done cams and had the kit installed and can tell me if they had to remove it to get the cover off.

Took me forever to pull air from the system when I installed it. One of the toughest bleed jobs I've ever done. Strangely enough I had to bleed fronts first as I could ever get the air to pull out the back until I got the bulk of the air out the front. Then did rears and redid fronts.

Would really love to avoid that job. I've heard the VCT solenoid can be easily broken by twisting the covers as they come off.

Anyway if someone knows it would help me better plan one day or two for the cam install. Yeah yeah I work slow. Give me a break I'm nearly freaking blind!

Here is a photo of it. I trimmed it a bit during the install to gain room on the bottom corner which is why it's rounded a bit.