Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle Response Module ?Anybody tested it out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:04 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Default Throttle Response Module ?Anybody tested it out?

So I have been reading about a plug in module that has 3 settings-regular,sport and race ,or something to those means.it plugs in and has a control **** and is supposed to eliminate hesitation caused buy drive by wire pre set calibration. Has anybody tried it out? Kinda looks cool and I believe it's plug and play...also like the fact that it can be swapped back to stock ,so when the wife drives.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

It tricks the computer into thinking you're pressing the pedal faster than you really are so it feels quicker. Too much money for what it does. Just get it properly tuned and the hesitation will go away.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Tallica4life81
2nd Gear Member

I use the pedal max. I had the **** on it but it wasn't working right with the **** I took that off and it's just always at 100% and it's a huge difference with it plugged in to when I take it off. I also run a dyno tune and still major difference in feel. I will say it's better as a stop and go rather then actually driving when your going half throttle to 1/4 to full to whatever. But that may be do to my auto trans not knowing if it should shift
Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Cool! Thanks for the info! Have a Preformance tune and a race tune from bama and few other mods,Ford racing intake,cai intake bbk,bbk 62mm t.B.,axle back and it works pretty dang good like it is but for $250.00 its not a bad price for a plug and play upgrade that you can use on a weekend here or there.any more opinions are welcome in subject. May be that little difference that wins a race!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Flash xx thanks for info but there in verry little hesitation with current tune.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

All that lag can be tuned out. No reason to pay extra for that device.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Has anyone actually had any experience with the throttle modules? Thanks for all the advice but don't have a lag problem currently.only interested in how it works and who has actually purchased one and used it and there feed back.thanks!$500.00 bucks and a day on the dyno can do wonders for sure,but if any of You have a Wife that drives your car You may understand why I'm so interested in it.if she's riding home in a fully tuned car and it rains and the throttle is hot as crap I don't want her to crash.if there's a control **** it eliminates me having to worry about Her or the car in certain situations.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

There's a fix that involves disassembling the throttle pedal and messing with the contacts to eliminate the lag on the throttle. I did it and it works wonders, there's no play at all on the gas pedal anymore and it doesn't affect performance and you can do it in 15 minutes.

Look for the thread here in the forums, it's a sticky.

If you do decide to get the module, make sure they offer a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:30 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Like I said before I have a incredible tune on the car currently.just was thinking it would be cool to have because of the turning it off tractor.thanks for the heads up on the throttle mod but would rather have a off switch so when my Wife drives ,She don't spin it into a telephone pole.she drives our car alot and is trying to get use to mods and more power and with a off switch I can teach her how to handle the increase in throttle response and if she don't like the feel of it ,turn it off and it would be like before.if I was the only driver it wouldn't matter to me but trying to keep both my girls safe.(Wife&Mustang). just loaded my custom race tune last night and it breaks tires hard hitting 3rd gear love it.Probly going twin skrew this winter or next spring.saleen has a sick new shaker supercharger kit ! Looks and power!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:56 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I truly do not believe this "on/off switch" is going to stop your wife from having an accident. Its not like its going to change anything significantly enough to be of any benefit. Being light on the gas pedal is what is going to prevent problems.

Quick Reply: Throttle Response Module ?Anybody tested it out?