Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

experienced '05/'06 mustang tuner shop....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Badger

Default experienced '05/'06 mustang tuner shop....

in SoCal with a dyno.......anyone know of one or two they would recommend? Maybe even in the Orange County area =) anyone?

thank you!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Badger

Default RE: experienced '05/'06 mustang tuner shop....

bump =)
Old 11-29-2005, 12:21 PM
dynojoe

Log on to www.mustangdyne.com or got to Dynojets web site and run their dyno locater. If you are looking for an SCT tuner in your area, Go to www.sctflash.com and run their locater for a tuner near you.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
SMP
1st Gear Member

Adam from ST MOTORSPORTS great tuner and great guy call him just to ask questions about tunning.
909-388-2536
951-990-0562
Old 11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I have been to several shops in southern cal. Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park, WOT in Corna, etc, etc... I too feel that Adam at ST motorsports is one of the best tuners in the country. He will be happy to give you lots of info before charging you a dime and if he tunes your car, he'll do it on a dyno AND a laptop in the field to get it just perfect. He specializes in SCT and Predator and will give will use what works best for the set-up you want. He's not committed to any manufacturer and trys to offer the best solutions for what you want your car to do and what you have in your bank account. his new website is under construction but you can still find some info at:

www.spankintime.com

Old 11-29-2005, 08:37 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Brenspeed.com is also a great site and person. Brenspeed.com does all his dyno tunning and gets the best combo's for your car and aftermarket goodies you may have. You hook up and plug and play. He spend alot of time with me on the phone before and after I bought my stuff
Old 11-29-2005, 10:33 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Brenspeed is great but the guy asked about california tuners and you didn't mention that brenspeed is in Indiana. Also, Brenspeed sends you mail-order tunes that they use on different test cars that match your specs. It's a fantastic company if you already know what you want but if your looking for a custom tuner to analyze your car on his dyno and make recommendations, then they're not much good for that. Props to Brenspeed they're a great company, but I think he's looking to actually put HIS car on a dyno.

At least, that's the way I interpreted it. If I'm wrong and you are looking for established tunes for specific mods, then I would also highly recommend Brenspeed.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Badger

thanks for all the feedback guys. I have heard of Brenspeed and also ST (although it was regarding a different make, and I didnt know they even worked on mustangs!) Ive heard pretty much only posetive stuff about both of them, anyways....I do appreciate all the advice, and if anyone else would care to chime in, please do.

Lance.....
Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ST got their start with Neons and have tuned some of the fastest in the country. Some of them even pro cars. They still have a heavy Neon following and are loyal to their neon customers, but hey have switched to mainly mustangs (for about a year now) and don't even accept any new neon or import work. Good luck with your search...
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 PM
richrdwest

I just picked up a 2006, convert, GT, manual, black on black, premium. I'm looking to add some HP to mine. Did you deal with ST Motorsports yet? Jim Click Ford was pushing a 373 rear and Bassini pipes. They want $1,200 for the 373 and $850 for the Bassinis. Any advice? In in Orange County, CA too. Thanks -Richard

Quick Reply: experienced '05/'06 mustang tuner shop....