Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

Today I had my 2005 Black GT serviced with an oil change(18,000 miles already *hit) and to kill some time I checked out the 2006 Mustangs and Roushs'.

I shouldn't say it but really the Roush to me is just plain cheesy. The ground effects, corny window lovuers, fake hood scoop.

The interior too sucked with some checker lunch box trim. I don't get it my self unless your dying to buy a japan made fast and furious car.

To me the Gt is the best looking of the two. What is your opinion? Also is it true the stage III is going for 60 to 80 thousand?

That sounds ridiculous, that ford parts employee has got to be wrong.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:41 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Roush Mustang, really is all that?

60k to 80k sounds awfully high to me. I think the exterior of the roush looks good but the interior is cheesy. I don't really like the fake hood scoop but the rest of it looks good as long as it has different wheels. The bullitts on the roush look way too small.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:09 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

This is the biggest issue I have with Roush: Count the number of times you see the word 'Roush' on the car. How would you like to have 'GT' or 'Shelby', 50 or more times on the car. A guy I know has a 04. I would have counted the times 'Roush' was on the car (every guage, pedal, caliper, seat, shift lever, shift ****, dash, wheels, body, glass.) but I didn't want to embarass him. What are they thinking? Some of these design people have really lost their design/marketing minds and I can't believe Jack approves (must be he likes to see his name 'plastered' all over.) At least the folks at Saleen aren't smokin what these guys are.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I love the 99+ Roush.

They are stylish, great looking, and they have that wonderful side exaust.

However, to me, the 05 Roush have FAR too many fake scoops and vents. Also, as a rule of thumb, cobra and Roush guys tend to look down upon GT guys... One forumite has a signature that reads "Eatin' ricers and s******' out GTs". I mean, Roush with no side exaust loses almost half the cool, to me. I think it's a great idea, poorly executed this time around.

*Prepares to be flamed*
Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Tell me with all that extra plastic dog *hit on it and those bigger tires isn't it also slowing the car down? Not including if you park on a slope you might loose the front end making your exit or if you had one too many.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/F89CC121ADB548E4A4B48EAFF22E9A70.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Hey GGIII, ya gotta tell me, what do you mean by "*Prepares to be flamed*"?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM
VernLaw
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

The Saleens look a lot better than the new Roush. I drove 5 hours to Jackson, MS to buy my GT, and they had a Roush Stage II on the lot that stickered at around $36K, then they had two GT's that the dealership had 'modified' to look just like the Roush, and they had a bump sticker that put thier price at almost the same thing (about $33K). Hmmmm. Only $7K for some heavy, performance enhancing plastic and new rims. I stuck with my 'plain' GT.

How much HP is the Stage II rated?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Hey GGIII, ya gotta tell me, what do you mean by "*Prepares to be flamed*"?
I mean that I'm waiting for someone that owns a Roush to come in here and start yelling and screaming about how much the new GTs suck compared to the Roushs. =p
Old 12-14-2005, 10:10 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I lined up beside a Roush at the strip. He was kind of stuck up about talking about his car in the pits, I guess he thought he was better than me cause we all know *money talks*. After our run he just circled around and drove right out the gate. Never saw him again. I could see him in the rearview mirror when I crossed the finish and we only have an 1/8th mile track. Very pretty car though.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
folome

New guy here, I have a 99 GT that I installed the Roush body kit, suspension, seats, and wheels on.

As for the 2005-06s Roushs here is my take on them:

Sport - Just a GT with a body kit
Stage 1 - Just a GT with a body kit, seats and wheels
Stage 2 - Now it gets interesting. All the above plus one of the best suspension packages out there. If you like autocrossing or road racing. If you are a 1/4 miler, then the Roush is not setup for you.
Stage 3 - The verdict is still out. The supercharger package looks promising, but they don't have C.A.R.B. certification yet so no "official" Stage 3s are for sale yet. Some dealers are taking Stage 2s and installing the superchargers as a dealer installed option.

Either way, they will NOT be cheap.

I was hoping that Roush would keep the side exhaust in their 05 design. But since they didn't, I put a Cervini's kit on my wife's 05. I love side exhaust.

Here is a pic of my car and my wifes:

[IMG]local://upfiles/25892/EABF819E1FCD41CBBA2F36BBC21385AC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25892/56D608F5471C4325BAC0A46250A107F1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?