Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM
LB_Stang

Default What to get and Where to get it.

Ok, Im New to the whole mustang forum deal. I assume that CAI is Cold Air Intake and Im familiar w the SCT Tuner. but Im looking to add Exhaust w long boy Headders and new Cat Back Pipes Etc. I have the K&N ram air intake and need to know the Best place to Buy these things. SCT Tuner and The Full exhaust setup and any other tips from the guys who know would be helpful. Thanks 06 GT Gunmetal Grey
Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

www.brenspeed.com
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
lilpsyched

I got a borla ss exhaust with bassani ss x pipes on my 09 gt let me tell u my car sound freaken like an animal. I'm guna get shorty headers next can't wait to see how dat sounds
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Ok, here's where I'm confused. . .
I know that if I buy the Steeda CAI and the Tuner combo from American Muscle they will work together since it has preloads for the specific CAI. But If I say add a BBK 65mm Throttle Body and then Flowmasters do I have to get a new Tune to optomize my performance????? And if I do need a new tune for my new parts, will I have to pay for it or do I just download it from the net?????????
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
MustangGT13

Which tuner is better for my mustang gt 07 SCT or Diablo tuner? I just want to produce the most horsepower i can, out of my mustang and both tuners are around the same price but which one is better.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
ianman222001

intake/tune
axelbacks
short throw
gears
Old 09-08-2009, 01:29 AM
gils maui pony
1st Gear Member

MustangGT13,,,,

I received my Gt 6months ago and got on this forum to inquire the same info. well I got some alright, the more I read the replies the more I got confused. I finally opted for the BAMACHIPS package and I am very giddy about the choice...

However, I live in a very small area with only about 6 GT's I know about and I don't know any of them personally to compare notes..

this to say, It would be nice to have some info on a non biased professional comparison platform of these products....

I've looked it up on "fast Mustang Mag" and the other one I can't remember the name of....

I'll add one last thing, GEARS!!! .....dangerously too much fun! and to the girly men who say the 4.10s are TOO low and hard to control for the AUTO"S, take off those ridged soled footwears and learn to feather the pedal a bit with something smooth just like the females likes it.....I can have my car behave exactly the same way It did before the gear swap.....except in one way, that cloud of dust I kick up in your face if I decide to !!!....."OD" is the key...

RPM..1700@ 60mph before swap
RPM..2000@60 after...
No big whoop..

Aloha,
Gil
Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
CaliforniaSpecial631
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT13
Which tuner is better for my mustang gt 07 SCT or Diablo tuner? I just want to produce the most horsepower i can, out of my mustang and both tuners are around the same price but which one is better.
the different tuners will not produce any different hp/tq numbers versus the other given the same tune. what is important is who actually does the tune. the best would be a custom dyno tune but if that doesnt interest you then get a custom tune from Brenspeed or Bamachips. I would recommend getting a CAI, particularly JLT or C&L with the tuner in order to get more power out of your car.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
jjcsr74
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dan04COBRA
Please Post basic mods for the beginner or experienced racer for your 05 through 07 Mustang GT!

Product reviews are welcome!!

BIGFOOT RULES!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
08stang85032

Originally Posted by MustangGT13
The mustang shop I go to told me this. " Buy the Diablo because it retains the stock settings. We have had bad luck with the SCT because they some how leave clues to the ford techs that the computer has been tampered with." I really trust what they are saying cause they been in buisness for a very long time, but the choice is yours of course. I havent fully researched it either.

Quick Reply: Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT