Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just take delivery on your 05/06 GT? Brag here!

Ok here we go, just got the windo tint/felt installed, tint a must out here in AZ !!!

Here are some pics, I waited a while to get the color (interior and exterior) I wanted but it was worth it, damn these SOBs are fast, never had a sports car before and I feel like a kid again.

2006 GT Windveil Blue Premium Coupe - AUTO

[IMG]local://upfiles/30381/58F714E59BCE47AF9C015740AE4D75D5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I got my mustang this weekend. 06 GT Tungston Grey with Dark Charcoal MTX. Upgraded Interior, alarm, mycolor . Didn't want the extra options BUT couldn't find any bare bone basic GT's and I did get it for 25,000. No pics yet, but everyone I am sure has seen what one looks like. I have driven about 100 miles so far, and MAN, I love the power that I feel, and I haven't got on it yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
new car smell

I had an 05 windvelle blue v-6 but i couldnt stand not having the gt so yesterday I traded up to a black GT coupe and I'm in love. Its got everything that I wanted on the 6er and two more cylinders i love this car.the only things I want to change are the intake wheels and exhaust. I went ahead and had the local muffler shop through on a couple of magna flow mufflers. not to loud but enough to hear the engine per a little better.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:41 AM
nghthawk

Karalm,
I just got lucky, got vin, and was told it was built its sitting in Mich. right now waiting for a train ride to the Chicago area. was told 7-10 i should have it will post pic. Im haveing anxiety attacks waiting for my new ride lol. Hope u fair well in getting your stang.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Karalm

Glad to hear.
I Got VIN after the post, Got Build (3/20) now like you awaiting delivery..[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif]
I am told delivery the week of 3/30......Cannot wait! Post pics upon delivery!

Mine......an 06' Black GT Vert w/ Lt Graphite interior like in the picture and 18" bullits (also interior upgrade, Wheel locks and anti-theft) to protect my STANG in So. CAL
HEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 PM
inkman

Hi all,

I ordered a manual 2006 GT Premium with 18" wheels on 1/24/06 and was told three to five months. It actually only took until March 15th for delivery or about 7 weeks!! I am thrilled about the vehicle and so far very impressed. Every option but the rag top and Shaker 1000. The Shaker 500 is great as is. Also added stripes and 35% window tinting. Worth the wait for the VISTA blue and dark interior. All good so far with only 500 miles on it. Still taking it easy for break in but she really wants to goooo....

Ford dealer in Kansas says they are starting to catch up on orders

Old 03-25-2006, 03:56 AM
rhein
1st Gear Member

The saga of getting a mustang......

The wife's parents had an 02 coupe and when just before the 05's came out, traded it in for an 04 'vert. (both GT's). We could use the car anytime we wanted and had a ball whenever we took it out. As a result we knew that we were going to get one at some point...... Also her uncle has a SWEET 69 Mach1, and her brother has an 04 GT coupe.

About 4 weeks ago, we stop by a local dealarship, and they have a Green 2000 GT vert sitting in their lot. We stop just for kicks and grins, but don't drive the car. The dealer calls us back 4 times in the next couple of days... They had had the car on the lot for a long time and REALLY wanted to sell it. I told them that we had decided to pass.... Fast forward 2 weeks and the itch is growing. We drive buy the lot again, and the car is STILL there. At this point, I decide to reevaluate some recent financial changes we'd made to see if there was any extra cash I could come up with. Long story short - No problem coming up with plenty of cash to buy the 2000 outright..... So last weekend we go to drive the 2000 that was still at the dealer. So we go in and take it out for a test drive. After splashing a couple of bucks in the tank (it was on E) we are driving back by the lot, when we have to stop for a car turning left in front of us. As I'm sitting there, all I hear is the vehicle behind us with the tires locked up sliding straight at us.... I'm trying to get the car to roll forward to give the guy some more room (the 2000 is a stick) and keep from rear ending the guy in front of us... He ends up making his turn, and I decide to put some space between me and the car that nearly rear ended us.... So we go to the stop light at the end of the road, and it almost happens AGAIN. Same guy, locking up the brakes and nearly rear ending us.... At this point, I decide that I'm not going to wait around to see what happens next and hammer it. We get out of there, finish the test drive and head back to the dealer.... We get back and they won't come down enough on the price, and at this point the wife and I are thinking that it's a sign we shouldn't buy the car after almost getting it rear ended twice on the test drive anyway, so we walk out..

As we leave the dealer, I suggest to the wife - Let's go get an 05 and use this money as a down payment.... Her response "Shut up" - she knew what I was proposing made sense and would get us what we really wanted which was an 05.

So we go to dinner, and after dinner drive by another dealer (who was closed). I got out and looked at their new one's and they had a couple that I was interested in. As we are leaving the lot, she says to me - "I really wish they had one in the Grey that I like - Like that ONE right over THERE!" Sitting in the used lot was an 05 GT Vert in Mineral Grey. We turn around and I take a look and we decide to come back in the morning.

We go in and end up getting one of the two sales manager as the salesman. We come to terms and buy the car. When we get home I realize, "Where are the floor mats", so I call the salesman back and he says "Come back tommorrow, and I'll take care of it for you" So the next day I go in and... NO salesman - he had quit or been fired the day before AFTER selling us the car....... In the end, the are getting the mats for us when the car goes back in to fix the bumper and a couple of scratches and get the lojack installed.

It was a Canandian program car. 05 GT Vert, Shaker 500, black leather and no other options. It's got 9500 miles on it.. Now for some wheels, and other items..

[IMG]local://upfiles/32543/9186665B949E4AA8BFBA7B5385212F02.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone.
I came across this place a few weeks ago and used it to do some reading/research on the new GT mustang's
I finally decided to treat myself and grab one.

there were quite a few co-incidences that led me to believe this car was destined for me, in a silly way.
not like I really needed any excuse to buy the car, but here's all the "signs" from god telling me to buy this car

1> the Night before I actually decided on buying a GT, the video on Ford canada (titled 2004 mustang video) showed a silver stang with white sripes, which ended up being just like the car that came available to me
http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?...page=video.asp
2> The next moring while driving to work, a Black GT drove past me on my street, which never happens
3> that same morning "signs" the song played on the radio
4> When me and my Friend went to look at the Car, the colour was the same as that Vid i watched
5> While test driving the car on the Friday March 17th i got stuck behind a bus, advertising Twin Hills ford in my town, and of course, the Mustang
6> My and My friend tossed names around for the new car.. "sylvia" was a runner up. The next day my Friend informed me that his new neighbor was in fact, named sylvia
7> Apparently the 2005GT's came with a CD, on this CD the song "signs" was on it.

so that's my silly little "signs from GOD" telling me I had to buy this car.

I grabbed a 2005 GT 5speed that's Silver with Stripes.
It has the Red Leather interior, with the My colour gagues and the shaker 500.

I got it 1 year used with 15000km on the car for a ridiculous deal and couldn't pass it up.

I'm enamoured with this car, and it is definately better then a Cobalt SS, which is what i was also considering.
I'll be around here reading/researching as it's a great site.

Here's a Pic.
And the name I decided on wasn't Sylvia, but Jenna...

[IMG]local://upfiles/33050/CBC1B97BFC1440F9B5FAF7CDB408986B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I placed the order for my wifes car on March 16. Have already purchased a few mods for it. Still tryiing to figure out what size wheels to go with. Have teh wheel itself picked just keep going back on forth between the 18's and 20's

Richard
Old 03-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

Thank God for this forum ... 'cuz I don't think the neighbors would appreciate me opening up the door and screaming WOO HOO at the top of my lungs at 10:00 at night ...

After lusting over the new body style since the '05's came out, I Just ... and I mean JUST (as in got home less than an hour ago) took delivery of my new baby ... an '06 GT Premium Convert, Tungsten Grey Metallic w/Dark Charcoal Leather, 5 spd. manual, IUP, Shaker 500, anti theft system, and 18" polished aluminum wheels. Thanks to X-Plan pricing via my employer, I even managed to pay well below sticker ... more in the MSRP range for a coupe.

The ride home from the dealership was simply amazing.

Not going to do a whole lot of mods. So far, the only thing I really have planned is adding a CDC Light Bar (already on order, as is the WebElectric switch), and painted satin silver metallic racing stripes. So far, I have one quote for the stripes, but want to check around with some of the area car clubs to see who they recommed as the best custom painters in the area.

From there ... we'll see ... but I'm already hooked!

Quick Reply: Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!