Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
rmhockman

Default 2013 GT premium Convertible

Just got my 2013 silver/black GT premium convertible and love it.

The 6 speed manual is slick and the 5.0 engine is smooth, powerful and with a great soundtrack. Beats my 99 GT convertible by a mile.

28+ mpg is a cinch in steady driving, but not when I get on it.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

even thou the newer 5.o's are sweet, ( and I wouldn't refuse an offered one.........I'll stick with the original retro look of the 05's-09's. Or ist it 2010's as well??
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Retired_Colonel
Techinically en route by enclosed, top-load carrier is my just purchased 2007 GT w/GT 500 Front end conversion kit, GT 500 Front chin spoiler, GT 500 Cervini cowl hood (fiberglass). All body emblems removed, holes filled, sanded, and custom paint. PinStripe flames by 'Kong'. Axis GTR custom five star rims, staggered 20 by 10.5 (rear) and 20 by 9.0 (front) with Michelin Ps 2 Pilot Sport tires, 295/25/20 (rear) 255/30/20 (front). Ford Racing, Brembo GT 500 front brake kit, 4 piston calipers w/14" rotors and GT500 rear brake pad kit for stock rear brakes. Custom 98 Cobra Italian aluminum (TEKSID) block 4.6 liter, all forged internals, reworked 3v heads, comp cam, and running a Kenne Bell 2.6L 9-19 Psi billet supercharger kit w/boost-a-pump kit and cold air intake kit. Much, much more...obviously very proud of this beauty!! Here are a few dealer shots, hence the windshield banner... Thanks, Steve.

I remember seeing this on eBay. I was highly considering buying it at that time. My only concern was purchasing a used car this highly modded, as it is my daily driver. Since the purchase how has it held up. Can you post some videos? The video that was on attached to the ad on eBay wasn't the best. I want to hear that exhaust.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
French_Frize
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rocket237
even thou the newer 5.o's are sweet, ( and I wouldn't refuse an offered one.........I'll stick with the original retro look of the 05's-09's. Or ist it 2010's as well??
+1
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone, finally my car is delivered. Ordered 6/11, Delivered 8/22.
2013 Mustang GT Premium California Special-options 402a, 3.73, 6sp mt, electronics pkg 3M 20% window tint all around

This is my first mustang and I absolutely love it. Far exceeded all my expectations. I've driven older mustangs but this is a BEAST!!! I love it!! Picked up last night with 14 miles, broke 100 this morning. I been dying to add some photos. I got the windows tinted this am. Next on the list, MODs!! AM, Steeda here I come.

My photos won't load, so here are some links...

http://flic.kr/p/cXwofs
http://flic.kr/p/cXwopb
http://flic.kr/p/cXwoSj
http://flic.kr/p/cXwp1m
http://flic.kr/p/cXwozw
http://flic.kr/p/cXwoH9
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

Still no build date!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 AM
rmhockman

Originally Posted by Rolling13
Still no build date!

I know how it feels when you have to wait not only for a build date but delivery as well...Here is what to look forward to;

After anxiously waiting over two months for it to be built, I finally got my 2013 silver with black GT premium convertible back in late May.

Since that time I have driven over 7000 miles, unfortunately most of it with the top up.

After reading a detailed article describing the development of the Coyote engine, exclusively for the Mustang, and remembering how well my former1999 GT convertibles 16 valve single overhead cam 4.6 engine ran and sounded I could hardly wait to get my hands on this latest wonder.

These are the following observations of my latest ride.

The 5.0 engine is more than worth the price of admission, not only is it silky smooth and extremely powerful with a great soundtrack, but is capable of remarkable fuel mileage when driven sensibly. Over the course of a 150 mile stretch that I drive regularly which includes some interstate travel I have consistently seen up to and including 30 mpg on many occasions even with the air conditioning running full blast, this has been confirmed by simply doing the math on each fill-up, all of this on mid grade gasoline, not premium. Of course mileage can be affected by stiff head winds and/or heavy rain conditions, but it is truly amazing how accurate the cars computer can be as it is accurate by roughly one or two tenths of a gallon.

The 6-speed manual is surprisingly slick, the clutch is smooth and forgiving, the sync system works flawlessly and the GPS option is the best I have seen.

This new platform is more rigid than previous models and the seats much more comfortable. The interior is greatly improved and definitely upscale.

In my travels I have had numerous compliments not only about the overall design, but the pony projections and especially the sequential led tail lights.

Although this latest model has more pricey options than were available to me in the past, thus the overall cost was considerably more than my former 1999 model , this latest model is certainly worth the extra money.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

My build date was the same time Ford was building cheap *** Mustangs!Dec '05 Leaked water in the passenger compartments,trunk and had some other problems....luckily mine was done right the first time
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

Sept. 24!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmhockman

The 5.0 engine is more than worth the price of admission, not only is it silky smooth and extremely powerful with a great soundtrack, but is capable of remarkable fuel mileage when driven sensibly. Over the course of a 150 mile stretch that I drive regularly which includes some interstate travel I have consistently seen up to and including 30 mpg on many occasions even with the air conditioning running full blast, this has been confirmed by simply doing the math on each fill-up, all of this on mid grade gasoline, not premium. Of course mileage can be affected by stiff head winds and/or heavy rain conditions, but it is truly amazing how accurate the cars computer can be as it is accurate by roughly one or two tenths of a gallon.
What gears do you have in that vehicle? With the 3.73s 6mt, which have surpassed my expectations I only am getting 17 mpgs in the city 22 on highway. However, I would not trade that for anything, I'm thinking you must have the 3.15s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!