Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking for your thought on magnaflow mufflers....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:38 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for your thought on magnaflow mufflers....

well, any thoughts? they good, average bad, what do you think?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for your thought on magnaflow mufflers....

I put magnaflows on my focus, and they sounded good until the welds cracked. Then due to the heat escaping out the side of the muffler, the fiberglass packing they used in the muffler began to burn and form little glass beads...the beads sounded like a baby rattle when heavy on the throttle. They are good looking mufflers though...chrome...and it sounded great at first. Maybe I just got a rare defect?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I thought you were getting a side exhaust put on Focus?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
j05gtvert
1st Gear Member

on my 2000gt i had the magnapacks, loved them but on a vert they did(as i have become older) become a bit to loud. but everyone did know it was me coming and going not loke other stangs sounded. on my 05 gt vert i went with the magnaflow, and at first you don't notice a lot of difference between them and stock. when i pulled into my garage at home it sounded nice, low hollow grumble to it. sounded even better in the house. they aren't overly loud just a nice tone, and those tips look great. i love both.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

yeah, like I said, they do look great. chrome with "magnaflow" stamped on them. I liked them a lot even though the weld cracked...they are show quality.

My focus lowdown...(thead jacking in progress)
First, my focus was not destined for side exhaust...you must be thinking of someone else. I put the exhaust on my focus about 2 years ago along with some cams. I was building it toward massive amounts of boost, but got sidetracked when the 05 mustang was intoduced. Pretty much gave that car to my brother when I bought my stang. I've got a new toy now.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

I am the side exhaust the Cervini uses has magnaflow mufflers! so i'm just looking for a heads up, i think the side dumps will be LOUD! sweet [sm=gears.gif]
Old 02-10-2006, 12:35 PM
grafix66
1st Gear Member

The tips look great. However, if you are going for a louder note, the magnaflow mufflers are not for you. I got them and was disappointed with the sound. They are about the same as stock, maybe a bit deeper tone. Go with the magnapacks if you want a nice deep sound, I wish that I had...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

ORIGINAL: Menace

I am the side exhaust the Cervini uses has magnaflow mufflers! so i'm just looking for a heads up, i think the side dumps will be LOUD! sweet [sm=gears.gif]

oops. my bad. didn't see the SVT Focus owner..haha.
I used to look for you people on the street. I could beat the SVT from a stop until we hit third...damn six-speeds!!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I think my muffler's welds cracked because the stock hangers are garbage. When you replace the exhaust on your focus, you may want to get some stiffer after market ones.

Do you have a pic or two? I like the focus...of couse, since I bought one. Do you have the body kit already with the openings for the side exhaust?

I was on FocusFanatics for a while...don't know if you frequent the forum, but it's got tons of info.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Nautique
1st Gear Member

Agree, have had the muffs on for a week, not really any louder than stock, little deeper tone, quite at freeway speeds, sound good under acceleration. Also dissapointed they are not somewhat louder than stock. They look great, fit was ok, not perfect, took some tweaking to get to sit right.

Quick Reply: Looking for your thought on magnaflow mufflers....