Notices
Handling Performance Any questions about suspension, steering, tires, or rims can be asked here!

FRPP...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Marquise23
1st Gear Member

Default FRPP...

What's up guys! I was thinking of getting the FORD RACING 2005-2013 MUSTANG GT COUPE ASSEMBLED ADJUSTABLE FR3 HANDLING PACK -- M-FR3A-MGTAA

Does anyone have this installed and what are your thoughts on the handling/ride?

Any suggestions on what else I need or should need when installing? I plan on doing the install myself. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything, I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to suspension. lol! Thanks all!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I am going to send you over to the S197 Performance Handling section, as the pepes over there are more familiar with your S197.

Jazzer
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Marquise23
1st Gear Member

Thanks Jazzer!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

Talk to Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com. Hw will ask you what you want to do with your car? Are you planning on autocross or time trial, or even drag strip? How about just a DD, but you want to eliminate nose dive and that hopping sensation you get when you make a sharp left turn?

I purchased the V6 version of the kit you have linked to, and took the shocks/struts and springs off after less than one year. The ride was too stiff, and the back end was too loose. I went with Koni yellows and Steeda springs from Sam Strano. Then, I suggest going with the Steeda UPR and LCAs to prevent wheel hop. Also an adjustable rear panhard bar. I orginally went with the FRPP stuff because I thought it would work better than non-ford parts, but I was wrong and ended paying for the same parts twice.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

I have the FRPP non-adjustable kit. I'd really like to take a ride in something with a different setup to compare. It's eased up a bit over the last 1500 miles, but it's still harsher then I had expected it to be.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Marquise23
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UberDuper
I have the FRPP non-adjustable kit. I'd really like to take a ride in something with a different setup to compare. It's eased up a bit over the last 1500 miles, but it's still harsher then I had expected it to be.
I will take that into consideration. So, I went to ford to see how much they are selling the adjustable kit for. I was laughing when I saw the prices for the adjustable (non assembled) kit @ $1795 vs. the assembled adjustable kit @$1799...
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Marquise23
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by freyes
Talk to Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com. Hw will ask you what you want to do with your car? Are you planning on autocross or time trial, or even drag strip? How about just a DD, but you want to eliminate nose dive and that hopping sensation you get when you make a sharp left turn?

I purchased the V6 version of the kit you have linked to, and took the shocks/struts and springs off after less than one year. The ride was too stiff, and the back end was too loose. I went with Koni yellows and Steeda springs from Sam Strano. Then, I suggest going with the Steeda UPR and LCAs to prevent wheel hop. Also an adjustable rear panhard bar. I orginally went with the FRPP stuff because I thought it would work better than non-ford parts, but I was wrong and ended paying for the same parts twice.
It will be more of a DD thing and looks really, with maybe an occasional street race here and there...lol. Was the ride really that stiff? Even with the adjustable dampers? I had already purchased the Steeda LCA's & UCA to eliminate the dreaded wheel hop. I will look into the adjustable PH as well. Would it be necessary/advisable to purchase camber bolts OR CC plates? Thanks for the info freyes!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Marquise23
It will be more of a DD thing and looks really, with maybe an occasional street race here and there...lol. Was the ride really that stiff? Even with the adjustable dampers? I had already purchased the Steeda LCA's & UCA to eliminate the dreaded wheel hop. I will look into the adjustable PH as well. Would it be necessary/advisable to purchase camber bolts OR CC plates? Thanks for the info freyes!
I would recommend the Steeda CC plates. My ride now is sportier, when set at full soft, but when I need a stiffer ride, I can dial the konis up, and my mustang is set up for time trials and track attack. Set it up full soft for drag racing. I'm also considering the whiteline watts link to prevent the rear end from hopping on left hard turns, the adj. PH bar helps but does not cure this problem. I'm also prepping GT500 Brembos to increase my braking efficiency (brake fade), along with ss lines and beake fluid.