In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

My Grandmother

Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Default My Grandmother

My grandmother was killed last night (4/28) in a house fire in Upper Marlboro MD. She is survived by her four children, 13 grandchildren, and 2 great-grandchildren. She was a retired P.G. County school teacher and was deeply involved in her church and was loved by the community. She will be deeply missed.

The cause we are now pretty sure was a improperly extinguished cigarette that started a fire on the outside of the house and then made its way inside. Primary cause of death was smoke inhalation.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...oro_house_fire

Copy Pasta in case of news removal:
Woman Dead in Upper Marlboro Fire

Published : Tuesday, 28 Apr 2009, 8:58 PM EDT

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A Prince George's County fire official says one person is dead after a fire at an Upper Marlboro home.

When firefighters arrived at the home in the 10200 block of Old Indian Head Road around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, there were reports of a person trapped inside.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says firefighters searched the home, but the unsafe conditions forced them to retreat. He says soon after commanders ordered firefighters to evacuate, the structure partially collapsed.

It took 35 firefighters about half an hour to knock down the bulk of the fire and when they re-entered, they found a dead person.

Brady says a 74-year-old woman lives at the home alone, but the medical examiner will determine the identity of the deceased.

Last edited by ChalknCover; 10-06-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, for your loss. Be there for your mother/father. Good Luck
Old 05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that dude. Sucks losing your grandma.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM
duggyb
2nd Gear Member

R.I.P

Search this Thread