LatemodelRestoration.com Latemodel Restoration Supply started out in 1999 with a simple idea in mind; offer the best service, parts, & prices for Fox Mustang enthusiasts. That humble beginning has grown to your one stop Mustang shop serving 1979-2012 Mustang enthusiasts. Our staff is comprised of the best of the best, offering our customers top notch service & access to the largest late model Mustang knowledge-base in the industry. With a team of Mustang enthusiasts serving a community of Mustang enthusiasts, we are Latemodel Restoration - Powered By Enthusiasts

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Default Frustrated

Placed an order with LRS on 11/22/11 (projector headlights), and when they arrived, the projector lens was scuffed (not the outer plastic lens, the projector "dome" itself).

Got an RMA set up, but I had to wait until they received my damaged lights back before a new set was sent. Bummer. So almost three weeks since my original order was placed, the new (supposedly inspected) lights arrive.

They're damaged as well. This time it's both lights (first time was just one side) Inner boxes weren't taped back up, so the contents fell out when I pulled them from the shipper box. I'm working with the sales manager, so hopefully things get worked out. If not, I'm done.

Just venting my pretty cruddy experience so far. This is the first time I've ordered from Latemodel, and the way it's going, it'll be my last.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Wow kinda suprised. I've ordered a couple things from LMR and never had a problem.. Hopefully you get this worked out bro.. GL!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Update:

When I spoke with a Sales & Customer Service Rep, he informed me that "with aftermarket headlights, this is pretty much the best you're going to get." Basically meaning that damage is to be expected, and I should settle with the defects (albeit small) that are on mine.

I don't believe that, as I've purchased lights from A different vendor in the past and haven't had any probleMs like this.

He gave the option of giving me a discount due to the defects, but after some thought, I have decided to return the lights for a refund. I don't want to settle with defects considering I paid ~ $340.

I'll be glad to get a refund, and LRS is being cooperative, but to tell me that damaged aftermarket lights are kind of the norm turned me off to ever buying anything from them again.

Others may have different experiences, but be warned.

PS: I know some aftermarket stuff (lights especially) can be junk, but to get this from a vendor with an overall good reputation is odd to me.

Last edited by BKamp613; 12-13-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:53 PM
LRSjmac
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
Update:

When I spoke with a Sales & Customer Service Rep, he informed me that "with aftermarket headlights, this is pretty much the best you're going to get." Basically meaning that damage is to be expected, and I should settle with the defects (albeit small) that are on mine.

I don't believe that, as I've purchased lights from A different vendor in the past and haven't had any probleMs like this.

He gave the option of giving me a discount due to the defects, but after some thought, I have decided to return the lights for a refund. I don't want to settle with defects considering I paid ~ $340.

I'll be glad to get a refund, and LRS is being cooperative, but to tell me that damaged aftermarket lights are kind of the norm turned me off to ever buying anything from them again.

PS: I know some aftermarket stuff (lights especially) can be junk, but to get this from a vendor with an overall good reputation is odd to me.
I am extremely saddened to see this. Please PM me who you spoke to that gave you that response because "this is as good as it gets" is not valid, nor is it what you should expect for your hard earned money.

I apologize that this was the first experience you had with our company as it is not the norm, & I truly hope we can earn your trust as a customer.

We realize that there are many options when looking to do business & we certainly appreciate you giving us the opportunity. We will make it right!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
Update:

I see what you did there.
AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM AM
Old 12-23-2011, 08:02 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Update #2:

I received a refund, but only for the item cost (not the $14.99 shipping charge). Here's hoping I'll get that refunded as well. I shouldn't have to pay shipping for returned defective product.

Things are mostly worked out (95%), but I won't be buying from them again.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Damn that sucks man. I was thinking about doing a projector setup. I was thinking about just waiting for a set to come off of a shelby though after a wreck or something so I can get them cheap lol. I'll stick with the stock ones for now.

Keep us updated on what you choose and post a pic of them installed please
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Should be receiving a refund for the shipping charge after the 1st. I'll be glad to be done with this mess.

Update 1/3/12: Shipping charge refunded.

Last edited by BKamp613; 01-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
LRSjmac
1st Gear Member

Sorry for the delay in response, my fiance went in to labor 3 weeks early so I had to quickly take time off to help with our new addition.

I really hate that your experience was so sour, but am glad that it was all resolved. Even though you indicated that you'll not be giving us a second chance, we will be here to help should you ever change your mind. Please PM me directly if you ever have any questions & I'll be happy to help!

I hope that you & your family had a great Christmas & New Year celebration!