Louisiana Regional Chapter Chapter President: RyansQuick6

Who's ready for a Sunday cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Tonio661

Default Who's ready for a Sunday cruise?

Oct 21 2012 10am some lightning riders are going to cruise from hooters in denham springs to hooters and the lakefront in metaire,(lakefront ) is New Orleans ! We would like for some fast fords and mustangs to ride also! Crusin the coast will be over the week before so should have a good turn out! Anyone inn?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Hoover Niebold

Trucks are cool. What's the most you have ever towed trollio? Will it do burnouts with a 10,000# trailer on it? I love doing that with mine. Does yours shift into overdrive and chirp the tires at 85 mph too like my little 7700# straight six 4x4 does? Are you also riding on 36" Nitto Terra Grapplers that are 11" wide? 150 gallon per hour fuel pump? Full billet Goerend? 22 mpg? Renewable fuel?

I'm of the opinion if it can't tow and be loaded to the gills it aint a truck. Now have you a truck or a toy?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Docmo

Originally Posted by Tonio661
Oct 21 2012 10am some lightning riders are going to cruise from hooters in denham springs to hooters and the lakefront in metaire,(lakefront ) is New Orleans ! We would like for some fast fords and mustangs to ride also! Crusin the coast will be over the week before so should have a good turn out! Anyone inn?
Toniot61. Is the cruise a benefit thing? If so, what's the entry cost? Am thinking about going but don't have a truck. Well I do, but don't do cruisin with it, as it is just a standard truck. Recenlty bought little red car, '99 mtang GT. blackstang78 is considering going too. Don't know where he is located, but for me it is a hundred mile drive to your off point then across lake to Lakefront, and I live about 55 miles SW of New Orleans, so it's an unnecessary expense. Regardless, have to see if wifey has any plans or if she wants to go. If I decide to go will try to let you guys know as I am new to these sites. I have been looking for your post for two days and finally found it, again. (I am old and not too computer savvy either, so please forgive my too-long-chatter).
Do you have any idea how many sure cruisers you will have yet? Feel it might be unnecessary for me to go up there if there are, say, only 10 cruisers. I mean I wouldn't be adding much in as much as numbers are concerned. If you could get something together and post possible amount of attendees, it might be encouraging to others to go up there and join you. If I go it really would only be to put one more number in the cruises. I think the more the merrier, and would like to be there, so will keep checking on this site for the next couple of days. I will try to monitor your posts to see how the roundup is going.
As said, I am new, so have to learn.
For instance, I have been searching the net for vendors selling convertible top boots for a 99 GT convertible. Seems there are some advertised for '93s to 98s. Then it jumps from 2000 to 2004, but none for the 1999. Can't figure that out. The paperwork in the GT I have shows how to remove and attach the boot, but there doesn't seem to be any boots for the car. I am dumbfounded and don't know where to go. Possibly someone of tang knowledge might have some advice at your cruise.
Again will let you know if I can make it, and if I do, blackstang78 may go as well. It would give me opportunity to meet him.
Thanks for all information and for setting up the cruise. I hope you don't mind someone in their 70s tagging along.
Hope you are having a great day.
\
GJB
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 AM
blackstang78

This will be my first cruise, would really like to go, but don't want to be the only car there, although it still sounds fun, prob. will still go anyway to check it out, plus i can get out of the house for awhile! LOL!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Tonio661

Originally Posted by blackstang78
This will be my first cruise, would really like to go, but don't want to be the only car there, although it still sounds fun, prob. will still go anyway to check it out, plus i can get out of the house for awhile! LOL!
I'm not sure how many people will be there but there will defunitly be a few trucks, this is the first cruise I put together and it's for no charity , just a nice Sunday cruise. I'm in ponchatoula so it's out my way too! I posted it on here too hoping a lot of stangs would want to come out, but I haven't had to many hits on here, but yes come out if u like, as long as its a ford ! If you don't want to ride out that far we will be at the lake front around 1230! I have a dark grey lightning with silver rims
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Tonio661

Come out dont matter how old or young , we are all ford owners and like to go fast . Tell ur mustang buddy who ever you know with a fast ford and come cruise
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Docmo

I plan to go, even though it is a long ride for me to hook up. About 2 hours and 90 miles.
Believe blackstang78 is also going.
Hope I don't get lost before you leave. That's usually me. *LOL* Don't know if you get this or not. I am also computer challenged as well.

GJB
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM
blackstang78

I was asked to work, think i'm going to ditch, cruise sounds better!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:30 PM
blackstang78

Yeah, Skippin work
Old 10-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Tonio661

Lol awesome, hey docmo, it's up to u but if u don't want to ride that far we should be at the lakefront around 12 1230

Quick Reply: Who's ready for a Sunday cruise?