Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

What I did today! (PICS) / Machwon's Mod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:24 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Default RE: What I did today! (PICS)

ORIGINAL: Machwon
I really like the MRT tips- they seem to be constructed much more solidly, and with higher quality then all the other tips i've had- besides SLP. They also share the appearance of stock mach 1 tips- just much larger. I started up the car, and the MRT tips seem to have muffled out a lot of the tiny drone that the magnaflow tips apparently created!
Where did yours do this? Mine does the same thing - a tinny sounding drone - almost, and I hate to say it, like a fart cannon sound. [:'(]At least inside the cockpit...

BTW, what is your rear tire/wheel combo?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

yeah I noticed that that drone was drastically reduced with these MRTs, and SLP tips...must be the thicker walls. Its hard to remember exactly what rpm the drone was the worse,...probably about 1600-1800 in KS...here in Colorado it was closer to 2000rpm- probably because of the higher altitude / less air.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:07 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Well, mine does it from 2,005 to about 2,185 then it cuts out. Weird and I want to get rid of it in the worst kind of way. I think I'm just going to go down to the local muffler shop and buy some big 4" SS rolled tips.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

yeah that sounds like a good idea. I'd also check out SSS Exhaust systems...I think they sell identical rolled tips to the MRTs for about half the price [:@]..wish i would have found out about that before I ordered these tips for an arm and a leg.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

If you don't mind me asking, what'd they set you back? The SS ones at the muffler shop of my buddy's are going to put about a $40 hole in my pocket
Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Oh...I do mind you asking because I got robbed ...I think Scott Hoag can retire now thanks to these tips he sold me lol. The total was 125.00 shipped. Don't get me wrong they are my favorite tips i've had...and seem to fill the cutouts perfectly...but that is still wayyy to much. One plus is they come with new hangers, bolts, and clamps though.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Well, then, that makes that $40 look mighty fine. Did Scott give you a reach around? Or a cigarette afterward? [&:]Would've been a nice touch
Old 05-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

May 25, 07

Today I had a chance to throw on my new "Mach 1" trunk mat from http://www.granddesignmat.com/. This is the second mustang trunk mat I have ordered from them...and couldn't be happier. The install is really easy- test fit the mat, mark the 8 holes, and drill with a 1/4" drill. The carpented push pins are supplied. Here are the pics:

Your trunk looks awesome... It would be cooler with the same nitrous setup as the blue mach... you gonna leave this mach nitrous free or you thinking about adding a small 50 shot for looks or whatever reason?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Machwon, your mach makes me jealous I LOVE those clear corners. I've never seen them on a stang before. Very nice
Old 05-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

May 25, 07

Today I had a chance to throw on my new "Mach 1" trunk mat from http://www.granddesignmat.com/. This is the second mustang trunk mat I have ordered from them...and couldn't be happier. The install is really easy- test fit the mat, mark the 8 holes, and drill with a 1/4" drill. The carpented push pins are supplied. Here are the pics:
Your trunk looks awesome... It would be cooler with the same nitrous setup as the blue mach... you gonna leave this mach nitrous free or you thinking about adding a small 50 shot for looks or whatever reason?
Thanks guys! Although the thought had crossed my mind to throw on a small 50 shot for close races...i'm afraid this mach 1 will stay nitrous free. I just would like to get this mach running VERY strong- totally N/A. It will start with some SLP longtubes, then ported / polished intake, and will get tuned with that setup. Once I graduate in a year I would really like to throw in the FR500 cams, boss330 prepped heads, and FR500 Intake and aim for 380-400rwhp NA. I've had a nitrous car, and a blown car...now I want a fun naturally aspirated mach.

Quick Reply: What I did today! (PICS) / Machwon's Mod Thread