Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

MilkJug removed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 PM
timmyisevil
2nd Gear Member

Default MilkJug removed

how many of you guys removed that useless plastic pos, i bet if you went to ford to get one it would cost like 150 dollars
Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
COMPMACH
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MilkJug removed

I work for Ford and it cost over 300.00 for the airbox assy.But it does come with the mass air flow sensor,air filter,etc.

ORIGINAL: timmyisevil

how many of you guys removed that useless plastic pos, i bet if you went to ford to get one it would cost like 150 dollars
Old 05-24-2007, 12:08 AM
timmyisevil
2nd Gear Member

so whats the real reason for the milkjug and if the shaker is functional where does the water go when your driving in the rain ive always wondered that
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
COMPMACH
3rd Gear Member

I see what your saying,lucky for me i run a cold air intake,so my car doesnt use any of the stk airbox parts.I'm sure the stk setup works pretty good but i'm not sre where the water would go.

so whats the real reason for the milkjug and if the shaker is functional where does the water go when your driving in the rain ive always wondered that
Old 05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

There is a drain hole in front of the shaker where water runs out. As far as the water that enters the shaker when it rains, I dount know, but I would think there is another way for the water to drain within the shaker assembly. Either that or it evaporates from the engine heat before it reaches the filter.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

There are multiple drains for incoming water- the first is on the shaker tray, then for water that gets inhaled by the shaker there is another drain at the bottom of the shaker scoop. Thats why there are those 2 hoses ziptied coming down from that area under the hood. And yeah that air silencer was the first thing to go- followed by the NVH 10lb paperweight bolted to the differential housing.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 AM
TheOneThatLasts
1st Gear Member

Duh. Everyone knows that the water disapears.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
timmyisevil
2nd Gear Member

NVH 10lb paperweight bolted to the differential housing. what did it do? does it just un bolt,maybe you should take a pic of it! so i can see what it is and take it off
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

NVH 10lb paperweight bolted to the differential housing. what did it do? does it just un bolt,maybe you should take a pic of it! so i can see what it is and take it off
the NVH dampener is actually tuned to the opposite frequence of your stock gear set from the factory- it therefore eliminates vibration and sound (gear noise) when the car is stock. I have however removed this piece from ever mustang I have had and have NEVER noticed the slightest increase in noise or vibration- and if you are running a different gear set then it becomes totally worthless because they have a different vibration frequency. It is really easy to take off...and you'll be amazed how heavy the little POS is. Its just held on by 2 bolts, and a bracket that arches over the top to secure it. Here is a picture that highlights its location. (Its the Red thing by the differential pumpkin).

Edit- sorry for some reason the picture isnt showing up.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Well, get the dang pic back up, Mach!! [&:]
I need to get this thing off mine!

Quick Reply: MilkJug removed