Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

best mod's

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
oc192

Default RE: best mod's

Me personally I don't care for anything with BBK for the fact it's not OEM. Ford is not backing their products. A lot of people have experience bad pulley and lost their motor using BBK. When you see companies like Roush and Saleen not using BBK products it's a reason.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

you shouldn't be putting underdrive pulleys on the mach anyways
Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
oc192

Why not? As long the underdrive pulley are OEM you want have a problem.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: oc192

Why not? As long the underdrive pulley are OEM you want have a problem.
yeah, with these cars you will...the oil pump shaft will break due to they are **** pieces, and when that breaks your motor breaks, but if you want to take the risk of loss of motor for 3rwhp have fun
Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

I honestly havnt read through every page of this- but having every single one of those mods listed I want to add the THE MOST important and aguably best Bang for the buck mod is a GOOD Dyno tune! This is essential to take advantage of most of these mods listed. With all those my car put down 301 rwhp / 312 rwtq- once tuned it jumped to 317rwhp/ 327rwtq- quite an improvment for ~ 300 bucks and thats on a SCT Switch chip. Heck the driveability increase was worth the money alone..drives and accelerates soooo much smoother after a good tune.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
oc192

MachWon: Just with the bolt-ons I was making 433 hp. That include headers, X-pipe, cat-back, col-air kit, performance spark plug it, spark plugs, boots, and coil pack. Also, I'm using the same SCT LiveWire Tuner.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oc192

MachWon: Just with the bolt-ons I was making 433 hp. That include headers, X-pipe, cat-back, col-air kit, performance spark plug it, spark plugs, boots, and coil pack. Also, I'm using the same SCT LiveWire Tuner.

ummm...Im assuming you meant 333- if so thats still really high for a stock longblock (intake, cams, and heads DOHC). If your tuning it yourself you are datalogging it correct? I have heard of some potential parameterization problems with the livewire- how do you like it?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 PM
sixty5mustang289
1st Gear Member

he is stroked, check the sig. still meant 333 im sure though...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:12 AM
daddy17

Hey guys, new to this.....but ive been reading
Exhaust is a great sound and power adder, but with all this exhaust talk, i thought that i would throw in my 2 cents from experience!!! if your going to do any headers, exhaust, or any bolt ons from the bottom~~~I HIGHLY RECOMMEND putting a tubular k member in!!!!! It will make your job sooooo much easier esp with headers!

For the pulleys, ive been wanting to do this for min power gain, but have read all these bad things about the oil pumps and such...does anyone think that if i have already replaced the stock oil pump with a cobra pump it will/would hurt or help????? Thanks guys
Old 11-17-2008, 03:25 PM
R-code17815
1st Gear Member

The underdrive pulley idea has been beat to death but, If you check it out on M1R you will see that most of the people who had problems had Nitrous and/or had many drag passes and reved them over 7000. There are also several people who have ran them for 2+ years with no problem. If you still don't feel comfortable with them buy an Electric water pump instead. *If you have any oil pump besides a stock Mach pump your pretty safe.

Shorty headers are a waste of time and money, many brands including FRPP only add at best 5hp. DOHC motors need Long tubes.

JLT Tru-cold air intake (goes into fender and does not use the shaker) makes the most HP of all air intakes so far. IMO JLT & C&L are the best 2 brands.

I also noticed nobody mentioning a bigger mass-air. Lightning mass-air's are bigger, and pretty cheap. If you did Full exhaust and a nice Intake the small stocker becomes a restriction.

Gears are big time important, most people get .3-.5 in the 1/4 just from gears. Auto Mach's are great with 4.10's and Stick Mach's run Great with 4.30's, and most cases you wont even lose gas mileage.

Quick Reply: best mod's