Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Considering a mach 1...

Old 04-19-2008, 11:01 AM
CarpeDiem

Default RE: Considering a mach 1...

Thanks guys! 13.1xxx (manual)versus 13.5 (auto) is a good difference, but both are great cars. The mach 1 looks incredible and it is an exclusive car. Ithink I'm going with the mach 1 (auto). I livenear Chicago and finding an auto isn't that hard actually. I know I've read a couple guys getting their mach 1's from Carmax or other dealers,would say a RAI or new exhaust void the cars warranty?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

sounds like WHAT????? http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrNFeQI_Zfk

stock for stock the mach may be a little quicker(due to weight)......but overall, the s197 has SO MANY MOREmods available.....i have "played" around with the machs, but i am so far from stock it wasn't fair ....I am not trying to be negative towards the mach1,AT ALL!!!! I love all mustangs...the OP wanted to know about the differences in autos...just giving my two sense worth......plus, good luck on finding a mach with an automatic(i heard that is rare)
sounds pretty weak when you rev it
Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 AM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Aftermarket intake/exhaust does void the warranty. I think you're making the right move w/ an auto Mach. As far as the rarity of autos, here are the production #s according to mustangheaven.com. '03 not broken down by trans for each color.

[align=center]2003 Mach 1[/align]

Torch Red
[align=center]2513[/align]

Azure Blue
[align=center]2250[/align]

Black
[align=center]1611[/align]

Dark Shadow Grey
[align=center]1595[/align]

Zinc Yellow
[align=center]869[/align]

Oxford White
[align=center]814[/align]

[align=right]Totals:[/align]
[align=center]9652[/align]

[align=center]

[align=center]Manual[/align]
[align=center]Automatic[/align]
[align=center]Total:[/align]

[align=center]7709[/align]
[align=center]1943[/align]
[align=center]9652[/align][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]2004 Mach 1[/align]

[align=center]

[align=center]Color[/align]
[align=center]Manual[/align]
[align=center]Auto[/align]
[align=center]Total:[/align]

Competition Orange
[align=center]895[/align]
[align=center]124[/align]
[align=center]1019[/align]

Screaming Yellow
[align=center]624[/align]
[align=center]139[/align]
[align=center]763[/align]

Black
[align=center]842[/align]
[align=center]217[/align]
[align=center]1059[/align]

Dark Shadow Grey
[align=center]787[/align]
[align=center]251[/align]
[align=center]1038[/align]

Azure Blue
[align=center]1029[/align]
[align=center]280[/align]
[align=center]1309[/align]

Oxford White
[align=center]512[/align]
[align=center]179[/align]
[align=center]697[/align]

Torch Red
[align=center]956[/align]
[align=center]296[/align]
[align=center]1252[/align]

[align=right]Totals:[/align]
[align=center]5645[/align]
[align=center]1492[/align]
[align=center]7137[/align][/align]
Old 04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

sounds like WHAT????? http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrNFeQI_Zfk

stock for stock the mach may be a little quicker(due to weight)......but overall, the s197 has SO MANY MOREmods available.....i have "played" around with the machs, but i am so far from stock it wasn't fair ....I am not trying to be negative towards the mach1,AT ALL!!!! I love all mustangs...the OP wanted to know about the differences in autos...just giving my two sense worth......plus, good luck on finding a mach with an automatic(i heard that is rare)
Due to weight huh? Try an extra 20-30hp and torque(range b/c it's still speculative),a little wider tires, some more suspension goodies,anda little bitlighter. Let's not forget ram air [8D]. S197 junkie, even though you say your not boasting your car you are. There is a reason why the mach's had a sticker price a few thousand dollars more than the S197 GT's. Good luck on the find op.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:13 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Due to weight huh? Try an extra 20-30hp and torque(range b/c it's still speculative),a little wider tires, some more suspension goodies,anda little bitlighter. Let's not forget ram air [8D]. S197 junkie, even though you say your not boasting your car you are. There is a reason why the mach's had a sticker price a few thousand dollars more than the S197 GT's. Good luck on the find op.

My Stang list:
05 V6-Sold
04 TR Mach 1 M5-Steeda
you paid more for the name and the (almost) useless ram air,IMO......plus, my car is supercharged, so I can't compare "stock" numbers because who has a 100% stock Mustang? add an air freshner and it's not stock.lol i have owned every body style mustang since 87, and i love them all.......just was helping the OP, not starting a "tough guy" fight with you or anyone else...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

......plus, my car is supercharged, so I can't compare "stock" numbers because who has a 100% stock Mustang? add an air freshner and it's not stock.lol i have owned every body style mustang since 87, and i love them all.......just was helping the OP,...
Notfighting, I just want to clear stuff up.

I actually paid a lot less than sticker. I got my car for $20k w/2k miles on the odometer.I test drove an S197 GT and a mach 1 to see which car I wanted to upgrade my from my V6 too. Iliked the mach 1 ridea lotbetter, to me it feels more like a sports car and imo has better head turning looks.Also it is noticably faster and reacts better to mods, and I don't believe there is a bigger aftermarket for S197 GT'sthan the mach 1's b/c every part I've looked for that I could get for anew edge gt, I could get for my mach 1. The interior I have heard is competition winning too.And no it's not just stickers andbadges you pay for. It has over a stock new edge gt:
-Tokico performance shocks
-Lowered 1/2 inch (performance springs)
-245/45 tires
-Subframe Connectors
-Stronger Brakes
-Mach 460 sound system (6 cd player, 460 watts, 6 speakers)
-Show Car gauges
-Show quality leather
-Silver shifter ****
-Special wheels
-Chrome Exhaust tips
-Stainless Steel Pedal Covers
-3.55 gears
-and of course the badges, stripes, chin spoiler, wing,and shaker intake, four more valves, 50-70 more HP, gobs of torque, etc.

That's all I can think of, but I think you get the idea.[8D]
Old 04-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I forgot to say it puts out 55-70hp and torque over the stock new edge too

just like gp edited in
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 PM
CarpeDiem

Whoa, thanks for all the info guys! Definitely cleared up a lot of things for me. rygi23 and steelstang05, thanks for getting into a little more detail. Now I would like to improve the exhaust and add a RAI but you're saying it would void any warranty. Do you think that'd be a wise choice on a mach 1 (auto)? I haven't read about them having many problems, but I thought I'd ask since I'm not very mechanicaly savvy.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

exhaust/intake is always a good idea, depends on your budget. Exhaust...catback for sound, h or x pipe for more performance. Intake...I'm partial to the JLT ram air. 4.10gears for sure,you'll only lose 2 mpg unless on the hwyalot.And a tuner for the tune and the gear recalibration. The car isn't under warranty anymore unless the1st owner bought an extended warranty that was transferable.Bolt on mods will not hurt thedaily driveabilityof it.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

hey,
the shaker is Aluminum not "metal" we have a weight advantage, power advantage our power band is larger, we look better IMHO, i could pull so much *** in my mach it wouldn't even be right (it's my personality)....i went to a car show and placed 2nd in domestic class and top 5 overall bone stock no mods or anything, so we have a more xclusive car from a production number standpoint - just math. as far as gas mileage goes, i just got 28.7mpg on the highway, and i get 23-24 mpg city (shifting and keeping revs under 2k). as far as racing anything can happen, me i run the stock tires on 40psi+ and pull 2.08's consistantly. any race is a drivers race! as far as aftermarket availibility the 4v has the same size aftermarkter as the 3v.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering a mach 1...