Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??

yep, im willing to bet you could find the design of the cobra R intake too.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: renegadeoffunk0
yeesh that 5.4 has no reserve and current bid is ~$200?!?
Won't end up that way, you can betcho ***!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

dude, by law you have/had 3 days to return a major purchase for full price, ie 18k
Uh no he doesn't. Federal law does not apply to cars or homes.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/strate...7/article.html

I can look up the actual law if you like.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: bolt.com

ORIGINAL: Machalicious

i'm pretty sure he'd have to pay a fee inorder to get that return thing, like 100$
Dont think that applies in New York State. Apparently it does in places like Ohio.

My attorney is looking at it so I should know one way or another by the end of today. At this point, I'd prefer to keep the car and have them write me a check for the difference inmarket price for Mach I vs GT. Meanwhile, I hate driving around with this gay fanboi set-up. If I end of keeping the car, Im going to keep the shaker hood, of course, but remove the Mach I badge in the rear.

Damn..........upon closer inspection yesterday, the previous owner did some kind of gayintake plumbing from the shaker hood to the intake box........he sort of cut into the stock air intake box with a razor blade and fitted the end into the box. He actually did a pretty good job.............at least to the untrained eye.

Its just unbelievable what some goofballs will do with their cars..........but I do think that it is more common here in New York where a bling upgrade with fake badges scores you points in some communities. Big points with friends and women.

Im kicking myself guys............but at the same time, Im real glad I have a Mustang sitting outside in my driveway. This community seems so cool ( I was looking to maybe get a GTO some months back but the GTO boards seem stock full of meatheads with the IQ's of handballs.......not to mention the arrogance)..............and thats important to me being almost 50 years old now. With my Nissan Altima, I was hanging with lots of ricer people on weekend nights.

So..........do you guys think I should just 86 the shaker hood intake duct stuff and buy a CAI? Im learning about all this "tuning" stuff with intakes.................makes no sense to me since with Nissans, the computer paramameters were so wide, it would take lots of mods to require a tune. Seems with theFords, even small changes require a tune. I dont get it...............or is this just overplayed by some?

I see some people saying the first mod should be a new MAF. What say you guys??? And just 5 hp from a cai?? Messed up...........almost not worth it. Put one on my Altima and gained 15 whp.......removed the vacuum actuator inside the plenum and gained another 11hp. Ialways heard Mustangs responded well to mods.................
So was the car advertised as a MACH I? That's the biggest thing to support your case or throw it out. If it was, then you have fradulent advertising and goods promised not delivered as your recourse.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:32 PM
whodini72

In responce to the CAI, you wont lose the ram air feature, and the 5hp increase isnt the only beneficial factor with it, all these "bolt on mods" add up, and all lead to a quicker thrittle responce and overall engine performance. So if you keep it i would definitely have a CAI, and go from there. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:55 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

dude, by law you have/had 3 days to return a major purchase for full price, ie 18k
Uh no he doesn't. Federal law does not apply to cars or homes.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/strate...7/article.html

I can look up the actual law if you like.
uh yes he does, other wise i wouldnt have been able to do it several times due to them being lemons, keeping acting like a ****ing idiot

http://product-liability.lawyers.com...e-FAQ.html#six

but in case your to lazy to click that

Q: Is there a "cooling off period" where I can return a car I purchased? [hr] A: Dealers aren't required by law to give used car buyers a three-day right to cancel. The right to return the car in a few days for a refund exists only if the dealer grants this privilege to buyers. Dealers may describe the right to cancel as a "cooling-off" period, a money-back guarantee or a "no questions asked" return policy. Before you purchase from a dealer, ask about the dealer's return policy, get it in writing and read it carefully.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 PM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

Well, thatnks to everyone for the support. This community seems real cool = one of the reasons I stayed away from a GTO ( ********* on the LS1 Boards).

My attorney didnt get back to me today so who knows? Its not looking too good at this point. I look at it this way though. My payments are the same as on my Nissan and the fact is, if I didnt buy this car, I most likely would have bought a new S197 GT and I'd be paying at least $100 more a month. I figure it'll be fun to slowly mod the unit.............right now got about $500 to spend so its a start. Dont flame me too bad but I might grab one of those chin spoilers and put it on this GT. Is that considered an uber gay no-no in this community?? When I thought I was buying a Mach I, I did notice that was missing but figured it got ripped off on a curb or something.

In a major 'YIKES" moment, I was heading up a hill in 3rd tonight and some guy tries to pass me so I mash the peddle and suddenly I seemed to get a fuel cut...........was nowhere near redline. Then it happened again. Some goofball in his gay blue WRX shoots by me and does the flashers thing................

I was low on gas ( empty).............but not too low. Do Mustangs typically run dry right at "E"??? Didnt happen after I filled up but that was alarming as hell. My last Ford..........a 5.0 1986 Mercury Capri was a nightmare of a car and I thought, "Here we go again!!!!!!"

Tghis GT I have seems faster than my brother in-laws 2000 GT. Im most impressed at the units ability to keep revs up between shifts............made me wonder if the previous owner put in a lightweight flywheel or something??

I'll get pics up evantually..............but I think until the legal thing is settled, it kinda doesnt exactly feel like my ride just yet on some level............
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
whodini72

Id put the chin spoiler on any gt, It looks great and gives it a lower appearance. Id like to know what guages you have...if you have mach 1 guages you are gonna redline way before what it shows (6800), a gt is gonna redline around 1k less.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

I still wouldn't settle for anything less than a Mach if that's what you were going for. You think a GT is fast? Step on the gas in a 4v (Mach) and you will be like "WTF WAS I THINKING?!?!?!"

Plus, now if an SRT-4 beats you, he'll think he beat a Mach and not a GT.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
jacobson863
Banned

want want to know who and where

Quick Reply: When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??