Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Why me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why me!

Whatever you do, please don't become one of these kids.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Man, i think your dad might be overreacting a bit, I know you were speeding but at least you weren't racing someone else. When I was 15 I wanted to learn to drive standard transmitions but my dad kept putting it off till I started taking his car while he slept, well long story short, I crashed it, there was a truck with like a 1.5 foot boat hinge parked next to the street and I hooked it at the tire and ripped halfway through the door. He said I wasn't gonna get my license, but I spoke to him and told him nothing like that would ever happen again and two weeks later he allowed me to get my license. Also it would be wise, for the future, that you get a part time job to pay for your own insurance and slowly become a little more independent.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Rebel-I know my dad, and if he makes me sell the mach there is no way in hell he's gonna let me get another car that can hit 100mph so easily as the mach did or come close.

Ninja-If I am forced to sell the car and get a differentslowercar, it willprobably have to be an economy car and no I will not rice it out.

DM1-My dad already told me that if he ever caught me doing anything stupid or I got a speeding ticket in the mach it would be to move out on my own, pay for my own college and pay my own rent and food bills. So, Ithink I am screwed, especially since he told me to put the car up for saleon a few internet sites. I already work now too. I have a 32-40hr work week depending on myschedule and really don't want to work more than Ialready do now.

I don't think I deserve to sell my mach just because I do 100mph on the highway from time to timein a safe manner, but if my dad does thanI must obey his orderb/c Ican't afford to live on my own, pay for my own college, pay my own rent, and afford money for food, car insurance, and gas too.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:27 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

1985-1986 mustang SVO, rare car like the mach, not as fast and get 28mpg
Old 07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

the thing that your dad might not realize is that most cars on the road today hit 120+mph, unless he's gonna make you get a hybrid, and you can get killed 120mph no matter what car you drive, being a corolla, civic, accord, hell even kias are hitting 120 now. I just feel a lot safer doing 120 in a car that was meant to do it instead of a car that wasn't.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

I know this sounds super corny but write him up a mature letter of apology (at least) acting like you are ready to accept the consequences and are trully sorry for the mistake in judgement....if that doesnt work, pass him in the 4 door family sedan doing 120 (even if it takes 20 minutes to do it) and he'll realize its not the car- its the driver
Old 07-11-2008, 11:50 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

how old are you?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Machwon

I know this sounds super corny but write him up a mature letter of apology (at least) acting like you are ready to accept the consequences and are trully sorry for the mistake in judgement....if that doesnt work, pass him in the 4 door family sedan doing 120 (even if it takes 20 minutes to do it) and he'll realize its not the car- its the driver
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

or if you sell the mach, get an SRT-4 and mod it.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel
or if you sell the mach, get an SRT-4 and mod it.
rebel, don't make me break my banstick off in your @ss [&:]