Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Why me!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

GREAT FUC*ING NEWS!!!! I MAY POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO KEEP THE MACH!!!

Here's the highlights of what's happened:
-Car has been for sale since June
-June bids were in the mid to low 18's(thousand) but dad said I shouldn't sell it
-Now bids 16 and under and dad won't take less than 18
-Me as a genius(sp?) thought up a master plan: Since he isn't getting what he wants, I will give him 80% of my bank account from working my *** off lately as a down payment to him for the mach and pay the rest of the 18k over time with monthly payments from work. And for insurance since it's a somewhat rarer than normal car, I can put it under collector's car insurance and only pay $200-$400/yr in insurance. Only bad part of that insurance is that I think I can't put over 3k miles a yr on it if I remember correctly, but that's ok since I would only drive it in the middle/end of spring to the end of summer and probably mostly just on weekends and off days from work and my mpg machine can drive the rest. AWESOME IDEA!!!!
- I proposed idea to dad and he liked it. He said he is still unsure if he will do it though and will give me an answer in a couple days. I talked myself up a lot in the conversation telling him how good of a son I've been(Don't drink, don't smoke, don't get pulled over, don't get into trouble he knows about(lol), have a high gpa, etc) and so I am pretty damn sure I'm getting a yes. I am so damn happy!!!! I am fixing my sig already.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:13 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

thats is great news... good luck with it and now im sure you know what you lesson is.. only drive fast when you know your father is home
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 PM
stephenbecker

i dont kno about you guys.. but i bought my 03 mach 1 when i was 16 wrkin two fulltime jobs bc i grad. early an my parents signed for it... worst choice choice of my life. bought it brand new an its only got 18 k miles on bc i barely have time to drive it and insurance is bascially raping me... but i only got one more year left so ill be happy when its paid off an i can start putting money into it
Old 08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

why would u do 110 with other cars on the road, im 17 and thats just irresponsible, if someone doesn't realize how hard you're coming up and moves into the fast lane and you hit them you are F*cked.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
why would u do 110 with other cars on the road, im 17 and thats just irresponsible, if someone doesn't realize how hard you're coming up and moves into the fast lane and you hit them you are F*cked.
It's a stupid decision, but when I did I saw there weren't any cars in the middle lane and I always am very careful when passing doing 100mph, I usually slow down some. And on the highway I am on, the cars in the middle lane are usually doing 70-75mph anyway so it's not as huge as a difference in mph that you would think.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Congrats, its good to hear you'll keep your car, now you can keep it nice and clean in the garage while you DD the honda.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Update:
There is good news and bad news:

Bad News-Mach is still up for sale by my dad in the neighborhood and newspaper possibly.

Good News-He says the mach is mine like the deal as said above if it doesn't sell before winter for $18k, if it does sell than my parents said they will loan me the money for another car in the spring that will fit under the collector car insurance. It can be in the price range of $17k-$25k they said as long as I keep up my grades in college and stay out of trouble. I'm thinking about LS1/Mach 1/SVT Cobra/SRT-8 charger/GTO if the mach gets sold.

Good deal I think. Either way I will be driving a V8 with a nice/modded exhaust by next summer so I will be happy.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Well if you can't keep it get a cobra.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Houghtown
2nd Gear Member

You can get a good Termi in that price range that isn't torn up. Good luck keeping the car though.

Search this Thread