Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Sell the Mach for a Terminator??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 AM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the good replies guys. I guess you could say, I'm looking for that jump in power that only a SC or PC etc... will give me. I hesistate to do anything like that on the Mach in fear that both the tranny won't handle it and just the overall car won't be able to withstand that kind of power. I like the fact that the cobras are SO easy to make big numbers. The thing I don't like though is the big price difference between a Mach and Cobra. Machs -$14-16, Cobras-$21-28.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:32 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

I love Termi's for power if that is what I wanted.

Think about what you want in the end.

I love auto x so personally, I am content with my power level and it is more than enough for auto X. I have placed in front of every Termi at auto x except for the ones on race tires. There was one TT one that placed in front of me last week though. He had mods that equaled the value of my car though.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
cohhbra
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang1101
Thanks for all the good replies guys. I guess you could say, I'm looking for that jump in power that only a SC or PC etc... will give me. I hesistate to do anything like that on the Mach in fear that both the tranny won't handle it and just the overall car won't be able to withstand that kind of power. I like the fact that the cobras are SO easy to make big numbers. The thing I don't like though is the big price difference between a Mach and Cobra. Machs -$14-16, Cobras-$21-28.
got mine for $18000 with 44000 on the clock, 1 owner...was a women and even has tv screens in the headrest...you can find deals

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=392
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Originally Posted by rygi23
Ya got "??" in the title but sound like it's a done decision. They push that hp with those mods and look sexy, remember they cost much more to purchase and much much more to insure. Machs are like a working man's Cobra. Doesn't make sense to me why in stock trim they weren't more than .3 sec. quicker in the 1/4 than Machs, but the ease of adding another 50 hp, in addition to the better handling, sets them apart. Don't get upset if ya think your going to pull away from a Mach and it hangs with ya! Been my experience with 2 different Termis. Either decision ya make, you'll still be in the Stang family so we couldn't exactly disown ya! Decisions, decisions.
errrr... where did you get that idea? my c6 is cheaper to insure than my 04 GT...... you should really research the subject matter if you plan to respond to it...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:58 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

hell a c6 z06 is only ~15/ month than a cobra with my inx....a viper is less than the terminator...of ocurs ei've been with them for my entire driving career, and my family has been with them since ~ 1993
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

a lot of people assume pricier car = pricier insurance. simply not the case if you do the actual research. i just switched to USAA a couple months ago and my rates dropped even more than they were with Geico.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

USAA screwed me over so i swapped...kept trying to have be paying like 350/month for liability on a ZX2 and a jetta
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

It really depends on what you want, yes its easier to get more power out of the termi but that IRS usually cant hold up to it. i love the simplicity of the Mach 1, its basically a GT with a "cobra" engine what more do you want? its a light car with a great power plant, I autocross mine and typically place higher than much more expensive cars that are on street tires like me.

I personally say keep the Mach and mod it man, you'll only be spending more money on a cobra that could go into your Mach. Also i see more Cobras than i do Mach's
Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nanaki
a lot of people assume pricier car = pricier insurance. simply not the case if you do the actual research. i just switched to USAA a couple months ago and my rates dropped even more than they were with Geico.
so, what were your guys payments monthy. Right now I'm at 160
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well, i save up while so i can pay all at once. But it's around 180/month for full on my car and my wifes car.

Quick Reply: Sell the Mach for a Terminator??