Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach Issues...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
This is true, Rygi! I explained everything to him over the phone, and he said he would look out for me. He said, "Yea man, that pipe is most likely a goner!", which I'm pretty sure means that a new pipe is in order. Depending on how much they have to do to fix that manifold, I may end up taking it step farther.....LTs and a cat-back would be nice!

I'll keep you guys posted.
Shaweet! Just like my momma always said...when one door closes, another one opens. Figured it was a goner. Really man, I know money's tight, but if you're going to have to fork it for a brand new midpipe just buy a reasonably priced shorty midpipe and some BBK LTs. Not that that's cheap, but atleast you'll be done with it and not wishing you did. I think if you tell the guys what you'd really like to do and what you have to work with they'll find a way to make things right for ya. Oh, if you do the BBK LTs, just buy a better set of gaskets than the ones they come with. Keep us posted bro.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

hell its not on your tab, its wal-marts. they bent the crap outta your midpipe causing leaks and broke a stud off of the header (wink) so you had to replace the headers and midpipe, labor is at their cost too right? well then Lt's it is cause those are a B$%@&
Old 12-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Hehehe! Wally World is going downnnnnn!

Well, maybe not, but at least I may get a full exhaust outta them.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Houghtown
2nd Gear Member

you've got me interested in what you're gonna get. Let us know what you end up with. I might take my baby over to wally world!!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Houghtown
you've got me interested in what you're gonna get. Let us know what you end up with. I might take my baby over to wally world!!
LOL.. not unless you wanna go through Stonie's pain there brudda.. Those ***-nuggets at wally world couldn't tell their own butts from a hole in the ground.. Stonie's lucky enough they're gonna pay for the damage they caused.. I agree with rygi and the other guys, he should cause them as much ***-pain as possible.. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Subotai_95
LOL.. not unless you wanna go through Stonie's pain there brudda.. Those ***-nuggets at wally world couldn't tell their own butts from a hole in the ground.. Stonie's lucky enough they're gonna pay for the damage they caused.. I agree with rygi and the other guys, he should cause them as much ***-pain as possible.. lol
i think i am with hugh town, maybe i could get a full exhaust from them as well
Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Its fixed, finally! Fast Lane dropped my K-member and replaced the drivers side manifold. He and I both agreed it was the best time to slap some LTs on while the K member was down, but after searching the shop and calling around, we failed to locate any without waiting a few days for them to ship. Sucks.

It cost me $300 for the repairs. I've already taken the invoice to Wal-Mart, and he said it should be taken care of within a week. Dammit, I wish I had've had some headers on hand. oh wel next time I guess. I'm just glad the Mach is fixed!

The tech did say that headers really aren't worth the money for what gain they give. I disagree, but everyone has a different opinon on that one. They swear that the stock manifolds flow extremely well. I still want LTs......10-15hp is 10-15hp!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well, he may be right i tend to agree with him if your looking at peak gains, but look how much the LT's flatten out the torque curve....you know the one that show you how long you pull HARD.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Exactly Rebel! Its the entire curve that really matters. He was saying the same thing about the intake spacer not adding much, but when I told him it helps across the board, he agreed and said, "thats true".

Speaking of spacers, mine should've been here by now!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well, i think i am just going to end up with the mufflers for the exhaust instead of the H and LM1/2's i've e-mail like 6 people that had them for sale..but i guess they didn't really want to sell them.

peak numbers are good for dyno queens not performance....i mean i could care less if your T88 supra makes 1300hp...while your spooling i just cruise on by the finish line

Quick Reply: Mach Issues...need advice