Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach Issues...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Mach Issues...need advice

Let me start off by saying that I am ashamed for being dumb enough to trust Wal-Mart to drain oil, pour oil, and change the filter on my Mach. I figured they were competent enough to change my oil....wrong! Those stupid Fu%%ers bottomed the X-Pipe out on their rail guides going over the oil pit not once, not twice, not three times, but four times!! I didn't see the first one. I went out there to see what was taking so long (2 hours) and witnessed them bring my car to a dead stop when they rammed my exhaust against the pipes around the pit. They then proceeded to reverse the car and did it again, and again. At this point I lost it. I jumped over the fence and ran over there. Needless to say, I showed my ***.
Anyway, they created several exhaust leaks. They told me to get an estimate, and they would pay up. Ok, I took it to the stealership. Those dumbasses said there was no leak. I can hear, smell, and feel the leaks. I decided to fix it myself. Another bad idea. I fixed all the leaks except the one where the manifold and pipe join on the drivers side. I took everything off, replaced it, twice. I ended up breaking one of the manifold studs that attaches the pipe. So now I have a backfiring, loud, stinky, non driveable Mach. I'm done messing around, half assing this situation. I would love for you guys to offer your opinions. If you guys/gals were in my shoes, what would you do at this point. I don't really have a ton of money to throw around, but I can come up with a little.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
cubsstang14
2nd Gear Member

sue walmart lol
Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Is your car lowered? My 1st inclination says it sounds like you're screwed and just get a new midpipe. ugh! You need to come up with an estimate for Walmart. Screw the dealership, take the X pipe to a real shop that'll give your exhaust a little more attention. I'd just take the pipe itself to the shop just to make things easier and more efficient as they'd be able to correctly diagnose and fix it faster. The only thing Walmart has to see is the estimate. Maybe you can get a new pipe if the shop says that your old one is a wash. Ah, the lessons we all learn with our cars.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Just one question, Why would you take your car to walmart to get a oil change?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Just one question, Why would you take your car to walmart to get a oil change?
Why do you have to ask such hard questions, lol.

I usually change my own oil over at a friends house. I live in an apartment, so I'm limited to what I can do here. I was in a hurry and figured they could handle a simple task such as an oil change. Hell, I bought the oil and filter, all they had to do was swap it. Lesson learned. All the other oil shops around here want a ridiculous amount of $$ to change it. Trust me, I much rather do it myself, its just a pain trying to get under it, discard the used oil, etc.

Ryigi, the manifold stud is broken, so that is going to have to be replaced for sure. There's a
shop near here called FastLane Motorsports. They specialize in Mustangs, so they should be able to get it right. I'm heading over there in the morning. The bill WILL be going to Wally World! I'm pretty sure the pipe flange is bent too, so a new mid pipe maybe needed too. I broke the stud from over tightening, but nobody needs to know that, lol.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

I say buy LTs and a midpipe and tell them that everything was bent and full of leaks and had to replace all the parts. If they can't change the oil on a car they sure as hell don't know what it takes to fix the exhaust damages.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

damn stone,

sounds like this is a perfect time to get some used LT's and fab up your own X pipe. but if that's not and option you could take the car to a mineke (the george foreman place) and have them fix the exhaust, they're really really good here and very fair on price, or you can go to the nicest shop around and have them give you an estimate...and have walmart fix it
Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

This is true Rebel. Several options are on the table. So Meineke is decent? All it needs for sure is another stud. Whether or not the pipe flange is bent, I'm not sure. I could drill a hole straight thru, and put a hardened bolt thru it. Although that would work, I sort of feel like thats half assing it. If the flange is warped, I guess I'm getting another mid.

I'm either going to take it to FastLane in the morning and see what they think or....I have no idea. This is stressful guys, I just want the damn car to be right.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Mineke is who i would trust, spend some time to get to know the manager while your there, and then have them do the job. it should be a couple hour fix for them if they aren't backed up
Old 12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

BTW update your FB and put pics of the mach on there

Quick Reply: Mach Issues...need advice