Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

n00b just bought a mach 1 and want to mod it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM
japan4racing
1st Gear Member

yea i have checked out the sticky and found it helpful. i was just maybe looking for some more info and first hand experiences. i know i dont wanna go all out n/a....this car will be boosted one day. i have had 13 cars now and 11 of them have been boosted..i cant stop with the boost! but untill i get a turbo or supercharger i want a fun quick ride. if i could get this car to run 12.50's i would be as happy as a ricer at a streetglow underbody neon show off contest.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by japan4racing
yea i have checked out the sticky and found it helpful. i was just maybe looking for some more info and first hand experiences. i know i dont wanna go all out n/a....this car will be boosted one day. i have had 13 cars now and 11 of them have been boosted..i cant stop with the boost! but untill i get a turbo or supercharger i want a fun quick ride. if i could get this car to run 12.50's i would be as happy as a ricer at a streetglow underbody neon show off contest.
LOL

i still don't know if your auto or manual

but here we go
first you need radials
then mid pipe back change
then some 4.10's
and a tune
with practice that should get you there
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
japan4racing
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
LOL

i still don't know if your auto or manual

but here we go
first you need radials
then mid pipe back change
then some 4.10's
and a tune
with practice that should get you there
oh i figured since i was asking about other shifters and had stated that already had a hurst that it was clear i was manual...my bad..i guess i didnt take into ccount that no one buys shifters for a auto honda(which is what i have been modding for years now) so now that thats clear......

when you say mid pipe back im assuming you mean either x or h pipe with a catback correct? if so i already have a catted h pipe and a magnaflow catback on the car. should i ditch the catted pipe and go with a o/r h or x? i dont have emissions to worry about here and sound violations are not a problem either.

whats the deal with these tuners i see everyone talking about? are they really worth using? i hate to keep going back to the honda experience i have but with the cars i have beenm toying with piggy backs are a big no-no..its a waste of time, its a just a band-aid fix to your crappy tune, and there isnt any adjustability. is it the same with your hand held tuners? i always ran some kind of standalone (uberdata, crome, hondata) and got tuned on a dyno.

hopefully im not asking too many dumb questions im still trying to learn this new world of cars! its been a big change going from a 300whp honda with non existent torque to a car with gobs of torque and all the parts are so different that i get a bit confused as to how well it may work. thanks for all the help so far!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

BUT FWIW i can give you a recipe for 450rwhp NA with these cars....BUT it'll cost more than the mach 1 itself
what is this u speak of?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

oh i figured since i was asking about other shifters and had stated that already had a hurst that it was clear i was manual...my bad..i guess i didnt take into ccount that no one buys shifters for a auto honda(which is what i have been modding for years now) so now that thats clear......

when you say mid pipe back im assuming you mean either x or h pipe with a catback correct? if so i already have a catted h pipe and a magnaflow catback on the car. should i ditch the catted pipe and go with a o/r h or x? i dont have emissions to worry about here and sound violations are not a problem either.

whats the deal with these tuners i see everyone talking about? are they really worth using? i hate to keep going back to the honda experience i have but with the cars i have beenm toying with piggy backs are a big no-no..its a waste of time, its a just a band-aid fix to your crappy tune, and there isnt any adjustability. is it the same with your hand held tuners? i always ran some kind of standalone (uberdata, crome, hondata) and got tuned on a dyno.

hopefully im not asking too many dumb questions im still trying to learn this new world of cars! its been a big change going from a 300whp honda with non existent torque to a car with gobs of torque and all the parts are so different that i get a bit confused as to how well it may work. thanks for all the help so far!

People talk about using a hand held tuner like Sniper, SCT, or Diablo. IMO its a waste, get it dyno tuned. I gained 48 ftlbs of torque and 15 rwhp on a dyno in a GT. Mach would probably be better. IMO also ditch the catted and add an O/R H or X and add Long Tubes! It will wake up the car. On the mach you really want to let the car breath. With that said open the exhaust and intake, get a Cold Air Intake, Throttle body, plenum, intake spacer, intake manifold, etc. That will put the car solid into the 12's on street tires . There are no dumb questions. Keep asking
Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

No, No your not asking dumb questions at all, like you said your learning. I was asking the same questions 1 year ago.
Yeah sometimes my brain doesn't work esp when im working on less sleep than i should be it really depends on the cat's if they're hiflow or not, be generally it's still restricting flow. and being from the south we have SO many emissions to follow (HAHA!).
Tuners are the best bang for buck out there. 2150 will get you a nice unlocked Xcal II and it allows you to change the cars tune, while a "chip" is just a piggy back with ANOTHER ****ty tune. this allows us to use our ECU's as a stand alone kind of thing....so in other words the hondata=our stock ECU w/ tuner
Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by grif62
what is this u speak of?
Naz Man took his 01 cobra and built it to hell and back. came up with 463rwhp and 39x rwtq
Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

No, No your not asking dumb questions at all, like you said your learning. I was asking the same questions 1 year ago.
Yeah sometimes my brain doesn't work esp when im working on less sleep than i should be it really depends on the cat's if they're hiflow or not, be generally it's still restricting flow. and being from the south we have SO many emissions to follow (HAHA!).
Tuners are the best bang for buck out there. 2150 will get you a nice unlocked Xcal II and it allows you to change the cars tune, while a "chip" is just a piggy back with ANOTHER ****ty tune. this allows us to use our ECU's as a stand alone kind of thing....so in other words the hondata=our stock ECU w/ tuner
Opinion , I would say nitrous is.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:42 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Opinion , I would say nitrous is.
i would think fact...you don't have to refill a tuner, and it can transfer from car to car
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Nitrous yeilds a better results, and you can take it from car to car. Got me on the fill up though.

Quick Reply: n00b just bought a mach 1 and want to mod it!