Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

My backup plan...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

i know how that goes man!

Back in the day i had to do the same thing, even though i was making all the money, and it was my car EVERY project had to be cleared with the pop's!

and you should really consider doing it yourself
Old 10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

i tell you what, to save you a little bit of money and to make your car actually handle, just go with the Eibach Sway bar kit, then get the H&R Race Spring set both from Tirerack. i got them both cheaper shipped to my door from tirerack than i could from latemodelrestoration or any other online store. keep everything on the list you have, sounds like a great setup. i have both the eibach sways and the Race springs and im very happy with the handling and the ride.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:57 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kweb288
i

and you should really consider doing it yourself
I'm going to...with help.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Ha! Yeah I seen your post, the week I dont look those are posted and you ****** them up lol. Dont you have to drop the engine/ front suspension down or something like that to do the install? I would rather they do it so if I have a problem I can take it back and say hey whats this about. My Dad wants to see if he can find a place to install them for a little cheaper. He also asked why I had to dyno tune it, its because it leans out the engine a little right? I'm sure it does more than that but it deff wouldnt run right without a dyno tune, correct? I could save a little money by doing MAC or something but I dont really want to compromise on something this difficult ya know, it would suck to do it all over again. All I know is that im dumping some money into my car one way or another lol. He cant get away with buying a winch and lift kit and mud terrains for his DD jeep and then tell me I dont need exhaust for my mustang lol. I also sold my quad so I could do this and then after it sells he says I cant do it, wtf! lol.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Ha! Yeah I seen your post, the week I dont look those are posted and you ****** them up lol. Dont you have to drop the engine/ front suspension down or something like that to do the install? I would rather they do it so if I have a problem I can take it back and say hey whats this about. My Dad wants to see if he can find a place to install them for a little cheaper. He also asked why I had to dyno tune it, its because it leans out the engine a little right? I'm sure it does more than that but it deff wouldnt run right without a dyno tune, correct? I could save a little money by doing MAC or something but I dont really want to compromise on something this difficult ya know, it would suck to do it all over again. All I know is that im dumping some money into my car one way or another lol. He cant get away with buying a winch and lift kit and mud terrains for his DD jeep and then tell me I dont need exhaust for my mustang lol. I also sold my quad so I could do this and then after it sells he says I cant do it, wtf! lol.
Not exact on the ideal install steps. I think the motor has to atleast be unmounted and lifted a little. Around here shops want atleast $1k. It will run a little lean but just fine w/o a dyno tune, it just won't make quite as much power. I know what you mean about not wanting to compromise. That's why I patiently waited on a used set by a top notch brand. Lord knows I couldn't afford new ones.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

you do not have to worry about hurting the engine with just exhaust upgrades... and if you are the concerned just get a diablosport chip unit

That way you can add a little fuel yourself, and other things
Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Are you going to be autocrossing or just driving on the street?

Street? Those mods are fine but skip the UCA's.

Auto-x? Skip the UCA's, swaybars and H&R SS's and get some really sticky tires. Don't bother with lowering springs. Just go coil-over. Don't worry about sway bars.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmac72187
Are you going to be autocrossing or just driving on the street?

Street? Those mods are fine but skip the UCA's.

Auto-x? Skip the UCA's, swaybars and H&R SS's and get some really sticky tires. Don't bother with lowering springs. Just go coil-over. Don't worry about sway bars.
Great info for ya OP. Brother knows his stuff from experience.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Another thing to do before you buy ANY parts is figure out EXACTLY what the ultimate goal of the car is, Find a car that was featured in the magazines that is close to what you want, and use their experiance to your advantage!

^^^^But also the above advice is also great
Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Ha. I just want a to make a badass car more badass lol. It will be an ongoing project, I plan on keeping this car for a long time if all goes well and so I would rather buy the good stuff the first time. It is a DD, so I really have no goal. Can I do coil overs with my stock shocks and truts? Seams like on the websites they just sell the hardware to make an existing setup become a coilover setup. My Dad said he needs some time to do some research lol, so at the end of the week if he hasnt made a decision on longtubes I am getting suspension goodies. I dont know what he will find that I havent already told him but I will let him do his little thing. Kinda funny how he is making a decision on what I will do with the money that I earn lol.

Quick Reply: My backup plan...