Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

***DM1's Eaton swap build*** all eaton stuff in here

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:47 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Post up a video when your all done man. Cant beat that Eaton whine, I love it! I know a guy that had a Kenne Bell on his and he still had the shaker on it. He tried to put a 9lb pully on it without an inter cooler(ran it on methanol I believe?) anyways, he blew it up! Now hes in the process of putting in the alluminator with the KB, Full exhaust, and a cobra r 6 spd! He hopes to be over 500HP and I cant wait to go for a ride lol. Hes expecting to be done by August. Your car looks badass btw, sometimes I wish mine was Black.
Yea, Ill definately post a vid after its done. Like Mach1man said he's gonna have some traction problems and it wasn't smart to run a pullied KB without cooling. I've read somewhere that methanol is not good for the blower internals. About wishing your car was black, beware what you wish for.

Originally Posted by 302army187
cool, it will keep it stelthy at the least. otherwise cowl hoods look great on new edge's.

good luck on the project. I'll be following along.
Yea cowl hoods look sick but it gets people thinking, no exterior mods is the way to go IMO.

Originally Posted by Mach1man
HOPES to be over 500hp? LOL! Horsepower is gonna be the least of his worries. Keeping the car planted to the ground, and moving in a forward direction is usually the main issue! Now if I had that set of slicks up there, I might could remedy that situation. LOL!
For sure. Its a deal I couldn't pass so I got them. Not looking to do wheelie type launches but would really like traction once the car is rolling, especially going into 2nd, which the car lacks even now N/A.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
What, shaker on or off???
off with the s/c sticking out. unless your going for a sleeper kinda deal.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
off with the s/c sticking out. unless your going for a sleeper kinda deal.
It looks sick as long as it doesn't rain, then Im f*ckd.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:26 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

haha this is true.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mach1man
HOPES to be over 500hp? LOL! Horsepower is gonna be the least of his worries. Keeping the car planted to the ground, and moving in a forward direction is usually the main issue! Now if I had that set of slicks up there, I might could remedy that situation. LOL!
Haha yeah, I said "over 500 HP" because I couldnt remember how much he said he planned on having. I think he said like 520 or something. It will be an animal either way but whats cool is his car is what started my interest in the Mach 1. I seen it at a local 7-11 corner store and wondered what it was lol. I knew it was a Mustang but I had never seen a Mach 1 so I researched it and I ended up with a Mach about 3 months later lol. You have the alluminator right .... lucky...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I have the Aluminator. I didn't want to just plop the KB on my 65k mile stock motor, plus the car was my daily driver at the time of the build, so I wanted to minimize the amount of downtime. It just made sense to get the Aluminator long block, add all the go fast parts to it, and drop it into the car.

Now, if I could just get the thing to pass inspection, so I can get the registration renewed, I'd be real happy.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Ok, car has been dropped off for installation, if everything goes well it should be out and about early-mid next week, cant wait.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nice!! Can't wait to see what she does. I know you're like a kid on Christmas Eve about now, lol!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

your not installing it yourself???

From what I've seen it is a pretty strait forward and EASY install........ are they going to tune it too?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
your not installing it yourself???

From what I've seen it is a pretty strait forward and EASY install........ are they going to tune it too?
No, I wouldn't be able to. First my home owners association doesn't allow it, second I dont think I have the tools necessary and third, my daughter is no longer going to daycare because she was sick all the time so now most of my time off Im taking care of here until she's a little older. Yes, it will be tuned.

Originally Posted by Stone629
Nice!! Can't wait to see what she does. I know you're like a kid on Christmas Eve about now, lol!
Oh you bet. The only thing that kind of worries me is the used blower but for the miles its got its in good shape, minimal wear, bearings sound good and it was always on the stock pulley.

Quick Reply: ***DM1's Eaton swap build*** all eaton stuff in here