Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

I hate stealerships!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Have you tried calling Ford headquarters to see if they will cover it under warranty, if for no other reason than keeping a Ford customer happy? A clutch wearing out in only 16,000 miles isn't in any way shape or form, "normal". It might very well be covered under the original equipment warranty from Ford. Call Ford headquarters, (not an independent Ford dealership). I wouldn't bother going into a long explanation of what has occurred, just explain that you bought their car and it had only 16,000 miles on it and the clutch already needed replacing. If there is also a transmission issue, that is something else that the original equipment Ford warranty may cover. Inquire.

Why is this Mazda dealership claiming you were doing burn outs? They must have some basis for saying that.

In most states, a used car has a 30 day warranty on any and all parts on the car. Period. Not just a powertrain warranty. Call your states Office of Consumer Affairs and/or Department of Motor Vehicles and ask.

I wouldn't even mention to the Mazda dealership anything about the car ever being suspected of being raced, as that is what they are maintaining you did. If you agree with the racing hypothesis, you are only providing them ammunition to use against you. Don't do that.

The Mazda dealership has already denied any liability in this case. They have insulted you, accused you and ignored you. At this point, anything further that you say to them will only be providing them with ammunition they can use against you in court. Don't do that. They are not on your side. At this point, they are the enemy and should be treated as such.

At this stage, you need to be collecting information as to what your rights are in this case, which means talking to your states Department of Motor Vehicles, Office of Consumer Affairs and also your area's State Attorney General's Office. Document, (write down the date, time, who said what, etc.), of everything that has occurred to this point, as that is evidence. You'll also need to *keep* the clutch that failed and all the associated parts. If you don't have them, they can't be inspected or used as evidence. It would be like trying to convict someone for murder when there is no murder weapon. If the dealership that replaced the clutch didn't provide you with all the old parts, call them [B][I][U]immediately[U][I][B] and ask them to hold onto them. If they've already tossed them into the trash, get your rear end down there fast and start digging through the trash they tossed it into before the dump truck picks it up and it's gone forever! That old clutch is worth $1,817 to you!

I hope this has been of help. Keep us posted.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Blackened04
1st Gear Member

Yea I know I got ripped off on the clutch too. The state of WA just plain sucks when it comes to having your car worked on. I would do the clutch install myself but its a big pain in the *** to do with jack stands and a floor jack. Thanks for the reply Roger, lots of helpful info in your post.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Adam99gt
1st Gear Member

I really feel you I just went through that for my second time. First time was pulling out after closing the deal and car wouldnt go in second, they said no problem, so three weeks later I came back with no 2nd or 3rd (synchro broke off and bounced around), and they blamed me. Finally got them to fix it. Then towards the end of summer I noticed that 3rd was grinding and all the gears were stiff, put new fluid in and still had problem, got underneath and saw a hole. I get it towed to dealer and they said it was from racing. In the end they screwed up on rebuild and a part came off and damaged casing so i ended up only paying for labor to remove and reinstall my headers. The service manager then told me they arent doing any warrenty work for me anymore. I HATE STEALERSHIPS!!!