Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Got the diablo preditor, now whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

Default Got the diablo preditor, now whats next?

OK, I got the diablo and I just installed the standard 93 octane tune. The car is deff a little faster and makes some more power. Remember this car is stock except for the k&n drop in filter. Im making a list of the mods I am going to next in this order and have a few questions...

1. o/r x-pype and magnaflow exhaust. (quesiton 1. Is the magnapack exhaust worth the extra money, does it make more power or is it just louder then their standard system?)

2. Intake spacer and JLT RAI (question 2. Is the intake worth the money or will the K&N drop in filter be fine for now?)

3. 4.10 gears

Question 4. When adding these mods will they complement the tune or will I have to change the tune to a custom one?

Thanks for the help!! Just in case anyone is wondering, no this is not going to be a track car. It is my weekend driver; however I want it to be quick. I also plan on adding some fr500 rims, 17by9 front and 17by10.5 rear, and maybe dropping the car a little.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

I would've gone with SCT, but thats just me. Yes, custom tune is the best way to go.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by 954mach1
OK, I got the diablo and I just installed the standard 93 octane tune. The car is deff a little faster and makes some more power. Remember this car is stock except for the k&n drop in filter. Im making a list of the mods I am going to next in this order and have a few questions...

1. o/r x-pype and magnaflow exhaust. (quesiton 1. Is the magnapack exhaust worth the extra money, does it make more power or is it just louder then their standard system?)

Which catback? The reg mags or the magnapacks? Mag>reg. It makes little dif in HP (won't notice it anyways) except mags are louder.
2. Intake spacer and JLT RAI (question 2. Is the intake worth the money or will the K&N drop in filter be fine for now?)

Save your money for other mods. CAI isn't worth it on new edges, dif story on the s197's. Go with a drop in filter.
3. 4.10 gears

Depends on what your aiming for? Like 4.10 will work but alot of guys do 3.73's too. What's your transmission? Auto (4.10s) 5 spd (3.73)
Question 4. When adding these mods will they complement the tune or will I have to change the tune to a custom one?

Only thing you'll need a custom tune for with what you mentioned above is with the gears. Going to need to recalibrate the spedo upon installation. The rest can be had on a gentic tune.

Thanks for the help!! Just in case anyone is wondering, no this is not going to be a track car. It is my weekend driver; however I want it to be quick. I also plan on adding some fr500 rims, 17by9 front and 17by10.5 rear, and maybe dropping the car a little.
If your looking for a bitter quicker then suspension parts is what you should look into afterward. Check out Jazz's suspension guide.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

3. 4.10 gears

1. Magnapacks are suppose to make more power, but its not that much. Its all sound preference. Do you want loud and raspy(magnapacks) or pretty loud and muscle(standard).

2.I would just go with the K&N filter for now if you don't want to spend much money.

3. 4.10 gears make a night and day difference on these cars.

4. You would want to get a custom tune to get the best out of the mods on your mach.

A question for you, is your car auto or manual?

Sonic, you beat me to it lol

Last edited by grif62; 12-28-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
sonicx
speed'n

I guess I did Grif62 lol. BTW Op (thought of 1 more thing), if your going with a off road mid-pipe you'll have to use your handheld tuner to shut off the o2 sensor warnings (no biggie)

As for mags w/ a o/r xpipe? I'd suggest going to Youtube and watching different video with different catback & midpipe setups. Theres hundreds on there just for mustangs. That way you'll know (close-to) the type of sound you'll be getting yourself.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:14 AM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

thanks for the replies guys. I think I will skip the JLT and keep my drop in filter for now. The car is a 5 speed by the way. Should I order a egr gasket for when I change the intake spacer?? I saw a felpro one on autopartswarehouse for like $13.

By local builder said he can do the 4.10 ford gears parts and labor for $500. He said he can do the x-pype parts and labor for $200. I am going to buy the exhaust online and he said he will charge one hour labor to install that as well, and I am going to install the spacer myself.

I didnt ask him about springs, are they usually expensive to install?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

For the intake spacer I don't think you have to get a new gasket, I am not sure on that. Are you getting 3/8" or 1/2"?

3/8" is the only one that keeps the egr functional I believe.

for the springs it depends on what shop you go to, it can cost as cheap as $250 all the way up to $450 with alignment.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 AM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

I think I read somewhere that 3/8th is the way to go. Whats the guys name on this forum who sells them??
Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Roy is the guy you want to talk to.

I am also getting 3/8" intake spacer. Remember though it really doesn't help your horse power that much, but it improves your torque a decent amount throughout the rpm.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

thanks for the replies guys. I think I will skip the JLT and keep my drop in filter for now. The car is a 5 speed by the way. Should I order a egr gasket for when I change the intake spacer?? I saw a felpro one on autopartswarehouse for like $13.

By local builder said he can do the 4.10 ford gears parts and labor for $500. He said he can do the x-pype parts and labor for $200. I am going to buy the exhaust online and he said he will charge one hour labor to install that as well, and I am going to install the spacer myself.

I didnt ask him about springs, are they usually expensive to install?
Who's the local builder if you dont mind me asking.

Edit: BTW, I have a stainless steel Mac prochamber for sale if you're interested.

Last edited by darkmach1; 12-29-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Got the diablo preditor, now whats next?