Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach's gone, my new ride......

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Default Mach's gone, my new ride......

Yeah, my lil yellow bullet is gone guys. I didn't need more room or anything, my DD is an '04 F-250, I wanted to decrease my debt a little. Well, it didn't take long for me to find another. Not as fast or anything but a nice clean stang. It's a '99 GT w/ the 35th Anniversary Package. Somewhat collectible for a GT, only 4628 came with the $2695 package. Will look somewhat like a Mach after I put a chin spoiler on her. I always thought Ford should've offered the Machs in silver, this car kind of lets me know how they would've looked. The car is in almost mint condition, has only 80k mi., has an auto tranny (take it easy on me!!!), and I got the family discount on her $5k so I no longer have a darn car note. Doubt I'll get as fast with her w/o spray or something, but it's another stang to simply have fun with.

Don't have pics yet but here's some of an identical car....
http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1...00017_01.shtml
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Daniel98GT
1st Gear Member

Nice buy man.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel98GT
Nice buy man.
crap that was quick, lol. Thx man. Small step down but I never pass up a helluva good deal on a stang!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

How ironic. I just sold my GT yesterday identical to the one in the link you just listed. I've been trolling the Mach 1 forums cause I already have the 'itch' and wanted something with a little more umph.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phirantes
How ironic. I just sold my GT yesterday identical to the one in the link you just listed. I've been trolling the Mach 1 forums cause I already have the 'itch' and wanted something with a little more umph.
Well Machs have alot more "umph". Yeah I hope the GT will satisfy me. I know it'll be slower, but it's still a nice stang. How do I find out what # mine is out of the 4628 made like you did? Thx.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
Well Machs have alot more "umph". Yeah I hope the GT will satisfy me. I know it'll be slower, but it's still a nice stang. How do I find out what # mine is out of the 4628 made like you did? Thx.
When I first bought mine there was a website dedicated to keeping track of the limited editions. It's been several years since I've seen the site up and running. There was a guy who somehow acquired a list from Ford on the order in which the VINs were to be produced. However last time I checked there was no guarantee thats the order they were actually built. There was a guy on the site who would make you plates to stick on your car screen name was tommy303 or something similar.
Attached Thumbnails Mach's gone, my new ride......-img_20110425_091526-small-.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:16 PM
03_mach_won

hey that was me commenting on your video "thehydrocortisone" haha what a small world to find you on this forum. http://youtu.be/wG2-a95xKiI
Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Congrats! Nothing wrong with an auto. For the purpose you're using the car for (1/4 mile) an auto will be better than a manual.

I hope you first mods are gears and a stall, right?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03_mach_won
hey that was me commenting on your video "thehydrocortisone" haha what a small world to find you on this forum. http://youtu.be/wG2-a95xKiI
yeah, the same thing happens to me, lol. Have fun with the Mach and NEVER SELL IT.

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Congrats! Nothing wrong with an auto. For the purpose you're using the car for (1/4 mile) an auto will be better than a manual.

I hope you first mods are gears and a stall, right?
Thx for the congrats. I like any stang but though autos are consistent they're a bit slower than a manual w/ good driving and it's hard to gear them for the 1/4 without taching high on the highway, about 400 rpm higher. I don't know much about how to mod autos, but it's not going to be a DD so if I do gears I'll go 4.30s to make up for the taller gearing. Also, another set of ET street radials, and an o/r X for some cheap hp. I'll just have to suck it up at the pump w/ those gears, lol.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by rygi23
Thx for the congrats. I like any stang but though autos are consistent they're a bit slower than a manual w/ good driving and it's hard to gear them for the 1/4 without taching high on the highway, about 400 rpm higher. I don't know much about how to mod autos, but it's not going to be a DD so if I do gears I'll go 4.30s to make up for the taller gearing. Also, another set of ET street radials, and an o/r X for some cheap hp. I'll just have to suck it up at the pump w/ those gears, lol.
Gears AND a stall are a must for these autos. You'll have to check what you'd be trapping with 4.30s in the 1/4 mile. It will be close to running out of rpms.

I have to disagree about autos being slower. In stock form, yes. Add gears, stall and shift kit, no. It will be interesting to see what you can do with your GT. You ran some good times with just bolts on when you had your Mach. I wouldn't expect anything less from your GT

Quick Reply: Mach's gone, my new ride......