Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Maintenance on Mach?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Default Maintenance on Mach?

Hey guys, my mach just hit 45k miles and my question to you guys is what maintenance should I be considering for the mach? Like transmission refill, coolant change, or differentials and etc. I would like to know what I have to do to keep the mach up in proper form.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
dmostz

Originally Posted by grif62
Hey guys, my mach just hit 45k miles and my question to you guys is what maintenance should I be considering for the mach? Like transmission refill, coolant change, or differentials and etc. I would like to know what I have to do to keep the mach up in proper form.
Glad you posted this, I was wondering the same. Going to PM you in a minute about your setup, hope you dont mind.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

bump?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
jimmy428
2nd Gear Member

my mach just hit 50k not too long ago. i did the following just for peace of mind:

oil and filter change
spark plug change
trans oil and filter change
new gas filter
diff oil change
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

im due for my next round of maintenance at 90k now.

at 50k I did
Brakes
Plugs
Fluids
Filters
Shocks/Struts

Going to do it again as i get the time/ money...starting with brakes first so i don't kill me or others lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jimmy428
my mach just hit 50k not too long ago. i did the following just for peace of mind:

oil and filter change
spark plug change
trans oil and filter change
new gas filter
diff oil change
That is a good to change the fluids, most people forget about them
50K is a good time to switch to synthetics too.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
jkmach1

i have the 03 mach 1 and i was wondering how do u get the services engine soon light off? Can someone let me know
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
tomcat5157

well first and foremost find out why the light is there and fix it! and then after all is said and done disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds hook it back up then it should be gone! or get a tuner that can clear codes.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Nobody ever thinks about FLUSHING THE BRAKE FLUID. Ford doesn't even spec a flush interval in the mustang service manual. Why? Our cars do not have lifetime brake fluid. According to a post by an ex-Ford friction test engineer, FoMoCo figures the car will be totaled or the brake components will have to be serviced forcing a refill before it gets really bad.

If you want to scare yourself, flush the old fluid out of a nine year old car.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air. Water boils into steam and compresses under pressure. That's why brakes get spongy. Moisture also promotes corrosion of brake parts. Fluid absorbs moisture whether the car is parked or moving, so change brake fluid based on time.

Typical DOT 3 fluid is good for two years. The best performing fluid for street use is Ate Super Blue or Typ 200 DOT 3/4 which easily lasts 50% longer.

According to an engineer I spoke with at Continental-Teeves, Ate Super Blue doesn't absorb less moisture than regular fluid, but it holds in in suspension much better.

The factory interval for fuel filter replacement is 30K.

The coolant interval is 7 years / 100K. There is a specific procedure for refilling your Mach's cooling system. If you don't follow it exactly, you will have air in the system and overheat.

I don't know anybody who actually has pulled the block drain plugs, but you should at least drain then system at the thermostat housing and refill with Ford Gold Coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Follow this procedure EXACTLY: http://reischeperformance.com/refill.html

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 07-01-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:25 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

FoMoCo figures the car will be totaled....

I bet this happens a lot more than one thinks. Getting all those young stallions behind the wheel that think they are hot ****. Then hit a tree, or a parked car trying to show off.

Quick Reply: Maintenance on Mach?